08: Loss and Sorrow

Phoenix's POV

"Oh here we go." Daryl says as he walks to Shane and Shane hands him a shotgun.

"You gonna protect yours?" He asks Daryl and Daryl nods as he cocks the gun. He walks to me next and hand me a nine.

He gives Glenn one and tries to give Carl one, but Lori stops him.

"Oh my god!" T-Dog says and we all turn and look to see Dad, Jimmy and Rick all leading two walkers to the barn. I knew he put momma and Shawn in there but he put the rest too? That's crossing a line.

I rush down with the group and we all keep our guns aimed at the two hostiles.

Shane shoots the female walker who resembles Miss. Lou from up the road a ways three times but she's still coming.

"Can a living person walk away from that?!" Shane asks and shoots it two more times.

"That's it's heart, it's lungs man! No human could walk away from that!" Shane yells and Rick yells him enough and Shane nods his head.

"Yeah man. That is enough." He says shooting the walker in the head and then going to the barn doors.

"Enough risking our lives for a little girl who's gone!" he yells as he opens the door to the barn and out come the walkers we get in a line, Shane, Daryl, Glenn, T, Andrea, and Myself, to take them out.

After we're done shooting, we lower our weapons as softer growls emit from the barn.

We all look and I see Daryl and his group have broken faces at the sight of a little girl in a pair of white capri's and a blue shirt with a rainbow on it.

I see that she's been bitten on the neck, and realize she didn't suffer much.

"Sophia? Sophia!" I hear Carol yell and realize this is the little girl they've been looking for. The one who was lost.

Daryl holds her back as Rick ends Sophia's suffering.

This is what happens when secrets are kept form each other.