Chapter 35

When it was time for a meeting with everyone including Caspian, Aurora sent Eleanor on her behalf to say that she could not make it.

Her face was swollen and her bruises turning blue, Nadia definitely had a wicked hand.

Eleanor came back, "I only found Nadia and the other concubines, the prince hadn't arrived yet but the princess approved your absence."

"Thank you Eleanor,"

Aurora had resided in waiting out the bruises from her face as it would be unacceptable to go out looking like this as a concubine.

Days went by and her schedule was to stay indoors when nighttime came she would sit outside or see Elliot and tonight she was sitting next to her and he looked so much better.

"Your company has helped me through so much Aurora."

"Don't mention it, Elliot, you would do the same for me."

"Your bruises are healing too, did you decide to tell Caspian what happened?"

"No Elliot, he has more pressing matters and this would backfire on me as Nadia has power above us all."

"She is misusing her power and that's a pity."

"It's late I have to go Elliot I will come back when I can."

Aurora put her cloak over her head and made her way down to her villa as she was close to it she started when she heard a voice behind her,

"Show your face or you won't live another day to tell your truth." And it was Caspian's voice.

She would be punished severely as concubines weren't allowed to leave without the permission of the prince.

Aurora turned around softly and put down her cloak, she could see that Caspian was utterly shocked at her being the one who had just come back.

"Aurora what are you doing?"

Aurora's heart beat wildly, "I needed to take a walk, I feel suffocated."

Caspian nodded, "I know, you were probably used to a bit of freedom but it is not safe for you to be out alone."

"That's why I wear a cloak."

"That is not enough Aurora, if anything happens to you, how am I supposed to live?"

Caspian came and held her hand, "Please stop risking yourself like this."

Aurora nodded, and he led her to her villa he came into her room with him and she blushed when she remembered.

"Why are you so red, where did your mind wander off to?"

Aurora looked down and Caspian pulled her into his arms and she became all the more flustered. He lifted her chin and lowered his mouth onto hers and what was supposed to be a sweet kiss led to lovemaking and Caspian sleeping in her villa.

The next morning she made sure to wake up during dawn, she shook Caspian awake, and he woke up confused.

"You need to leave."

Caspian was surprised, "Why?"

"It's complicated."

"You don't want to be with me?"

"I always want to be with you but now is not the time."

Caspian got dressed and she walked him out. He pulled her into his arms and Aurora did not want to be seen, Caspian kissed her thoroughly and she ended up forgetting what she was supposed to be doing only when Caspian pulled back and grinned at her she remembered what she was doing.