Chapter 48

The carriage was on its way as they left Aurora's villa, he wanted to look back at Aurora but he knew if he did, he would end up getting out of the carriage and staying with her.

"Is something bothering you?"

"Sorry Nadia, what did you say?"

"Is something bothering you? You seem to be really deep in thought."

"Just work that I have to do."

"Don't be anxious Caspian, my family does not bite."

"I hope not."

Nadia had just called her by his name but he did not feel anything whatsoever when Aurora did, he felt sensations and it made him happy.

"I have wanted us to go on a trip as just the two of us, and it seems as if my prayers have been answered."

"Yes this trip is great, and I'm sure you are excited to see your parents."

Nadia nodded, "I am excited to see them all and more so that they get to see the love of my life."

Caspian just nodded once more, he felt bad that Nadia thought of him as the love of her life but he had Aurora in his heart and he wondered if he should come out to her so they could discuss this. His actions were more than enough to show how much he cared for Aurora, but Nadia never said anything which surprised him.

They finally arrived at Gloucester and he could see Nadia's excitement, and he put on his fake happy face so that Nadia's mood would not be spoiled.

The carriage stopped, and he climbed out the carriage and held out his hand for Nadia to take, which she did gladly.

Nadia let go of his hand, "Mother! Father."

They embraced as he just stood there and watched the interaction. Finally, Nadia pulled back, "I can't wait to tell you everything."

"Of course darling but first we have to greet your husband." Nadia's mother replied.

Caspian took that as his cue to go up to Nadia's parents, "A pleasure to see you both once more."

"You can drop the formalities we are family after all." Her father replied.

"I would love that."

"Why don't you two go freshen up and we will see you during dinner." Her mother replied.

"That would be great." Nadia chimed in enthusiastically.

They were escorted to the chambers that they would be occupying.

Dinner time came, Caspian and Nadia had refreshed themselves, and they went to the dining hall, and he was surprised that Nadia's parents were already seated.

"How are you two feeling?" his mother asked.

"Well rested."

"Me too," Nadia added.

Platters of food were bought in, and sat down in front of them.

"How do you two get along?"

Caspian stiffened at her mother's question as he did not know what to say or if Nadia would air out everything.

"We get along very well, Caspian is by my side."

"Is that so?" her father replied.

"Yes," Nadia replied.

"How do you think you fare?" her father directed the question to him.

"Just as Nadia said we get along very well."