Chapter 37

Elliot looked at her, and she calmed a bit as she carried on walking.

"My Lord, My Lady it is lovely to see you two and all the other ladies."

Caspian walked up to her and pulled her in his arms, he was holding her so tight that it seemed as if he would not let her go or had no plan to.

After some time he finally did, he grabbed her hand, "If you could all go without me, and thank you for walking her Elliot but I will be taking over."

"Yes My Lord." Elliot responded and he looked at her.

Aurora smiled at Elliot,

"We will be waiting for you My Lord whenever you are ready." This time it was Nadia.

They started to walk to the secret garden, and they sat down by the bench. Caspian still held her hand tightly,

He turned to her, "Why didn't you let me know you were coming back today?"

"I didn't want to bother you just for my return."

"You're never a burden for me Aurora, and when you arrived why didn't you come to me immediately?"

"Elliot was the first person I recognized when I arrived, and I decided to talk to him as he was always my good friend."

Caspian seemed to be taking in everything, "How good friends are you?"

"I met him when I was still a maid and he would sit with me at times and keep me company."

"Is that why you refused my advances Aurora?"

"No, I have never thought of Elliot in that manner."

Caspian nodded, "I don't want us to have a bad or uncomfortable reunion."

"Me too."

"You look beautiful Aurora, your hair is longer and you are radiant."

"Thank you, My Lord." But Aurora could hear the sadness in his voice as he said it.

"What's wrong?"

"You seem to be much happier when you are away from me, you are more radiant and seem to be at peace. Is that why you didn't want me to send you letters?"

"No My Lord, it is not that. I just needed to clear my mind but I missed you dearly, it was hard to live without you."

"Me too, every day has been torture." Caspian raked his hand through her hair and pulled her in for a kiss.

Aurora closed her eyes and savored the moment, she returned the kiss as she too had missed him and his touch.

"I need to go My Lord."

"Where? You are not leaving me again?"

"No My Lord I need to go see my friends they must be worried sick."

Caspian nodded, "I will let you go for now."

"Thank you, My Lord."

Caspian kissed her once more and he let her go,

Aurora went to the servant's quarters and she could see when her friends noticed they all stood up and hugged her.

Lucy started to cry, "Aurora you are too cruel, you left without a trace and I missed you so much."

"I was worried sick," Evelyn added.

"The rumors were spreading like a wildfire," Ella added.

"Let's go outside and I will explain everything."