Chapter 57

Caspian and Nadia headed outside, "Are you okay Sire?"

"Yes I am, I have to discuss something with you Nadia."

"I am listening sire."

"I know it's not fair to you being my wife and I giving another woman attention that is supposed to be going to you. If you want a divorce, I can grant it for you so that you can find a suitable suitor."

"I love you Sire, and even if you don't love me back, I will be patient until you feel the same way for me."

"I don't want you to waste your time on me Nadia, I had not planned to fall for Aurora. I was happy for you to be my wife but then I ended up falling in love for the first time. I don't want you to spend the remainder of your days being lonely."

"I might be slightly alone but waiting for you is worth it, I won't ever feel the same way about someone else the way I feel for you."

Caspian sighed, he did not know how to convince Nadia, he did not want to fake anymore as that was draining him.

"The choice is yours, Nadia, when you are ready someday you can tell me and I will make sure you get a way out."

"I don't want a way out Sire, I want to be beside you all the time. Do you remember the night of the banquet, we chatted and connected."

"That is true."

"What if we try that again, I don't mind you having Aurora as long as you have time for me, that is all that matters."

Caspian realized that this conversation was not going anywhere, Nadia was hell-bent on staying with him.

The day for him to depart for war came, and he stood with Aurora as he kissed her and embraced her for a while.

He smiled when she pulled out a ring and slipped it on his finger.

He climbed on the horse as they headed out, he turned back once more and saw Aurora waving at him. He smiled at her and they became out of sight.

They made their way and it was getting late so they set their barracks for tonight, as he slept in his tent, he thought of Aurora wondering what she was doing.

He missed her so much, he could still remember her scent, the way she smiled. The next morning they carried on their journey and after a couple of days they finally arrived at their destination.

Caspian wanted to first try and negotiate with them before they went to a full-blown war. He headed to the barbarian's leader so that they could work it out.

Caspian went with one of his guards, they walked in and they saw the leader. He looked rough and very unkept.

He sat opposite him,

"So this is the most admired prince."

"Yes."

"Are you here to offer a peace offering?"

"Yes, I don't want unnecessary casualties."

"What are you willing to offer us so we don't go to war."

"What do you want?"

"Gold, and for you to provide rice abundantly to us."

"That is not possible, we have to also feed our people."

"I guess we don't have a deal then."

Caspian knew that war was the only way, he could hear that it had started and this a distraction. Caspian stood up but there was a very strong blow to his head, and everything went black.