Chapter 45

Caspian made his way back to his chambers, he chuckled in disbelief. He was way over in his head, he got in quietly so that he would not wake her up.

He closed the door and sat by the table and he watched her breathe in and out. He sighed, watching her sleep was even something that he loved doing.

Was he going to be like this all the time, he even wished that they could leave just as the two of them that's how much he loved being with her and it was unhealthy the path that he had chosen to take.

She was everything to him and he did not know how to make it stop. He was in too deep, and he needed to see his parents for dinner tomorrow with Nadia.

He changed and climbed into the bed behind Aurora and he pulled her close to him. The next morning when he woke up Aurora was gone.

He wondered when she had left, and how she left so quietly. He carried on with his usual routine until nighttime came.

He dressed for dinner and made his way to the dining room, when he got there his parents and Nadia were already seated and there seemed to be a weird atmosphere.

He sat down, "Evening."

"We have pressing matters to discuss." His father responded and he knew that he would be in for a mouthful.

"What matters father?"

"You and Nadia, when are you planning to have an heir to the throne?"

"That is a personal matter."

"I am not fully sure but I might be with child and wanted to wait until it was fully certain." Nadia chimed in.

"Why didn't you say so?" his mother replied.

"I am not so certain," Nadia replied.

"Caspian what is this story that I have been hearing about you and your concubine Aurora is it?" his father asked in a strict tone.

"She is a concubine just as you said."

"I hear that you are neglecting your husband's duties because of her, something has to be done." His father replied.

"Yes it is about time, you are losing sight of what is important." His mother added.

"If you so touch or lay a finger on Aurora I will never forgive you for this."

"Do you hear yourself Caspian, it seems to me that she has bewitched you." His mother replied.

"No she hasn't she left me for months, I was the one that was waiting for her to come back and nothing can stand between me and her."

"What of Nadia?" His father asked.

"Nadia will always be the queen but matters that relate to my concubines should be left alone."

"You have changed and it's not for the good, you have become very careless." His father added.

"Is this why you all called me for dinner so you could berate me?"

"Aurora must be gone before we intervene because if we do you won't like it." His mother replied.

"Are you threatening me right now?"

"It is if you don't take our words seriously." His father replied.

Caspian felt rage at their words but he knew his parents more than anyone else and if they threatened to do something they would, he had learned the hard way before. This time he would protect what is his.

He would rebel if they touched her,

"Caspian?"

He came back from his thoughts, "Your parents are trying to protect you." Said Nadia.