Chapter 59

Caspian walked up to his mother and she had aged significantly. When he stood in front of her, she had tears trickling down her face.

"Mother I am finally home,"

"You must have gone through hell."

His mother pulled him into her arms and he felt comforted by her. He never thought this day would come.

After some time after they embraced, Caspian turned to Rurina, "This is my life's saviour Rurina, without her, I would not have been able to escape and be in front of you as we speak."

His mother went up to Rurina, and took her hands, "I will forever be in your gratitude for helping my son be bought back."

Rurina just nodded,

"Where is Father?"

Her mother's face became all the more strained, "He is very sick, your disappearance took a toll on him."

Caspian nodded, "I need to go refresh and I will come back looking better."

Her mother called the guards, "Take Caspian to his villa and Rurina to the outhouse villa."

Caspian smiled in reassurance after he stripped off and got into the water. More than anything he could not wait to see Aurora.

This moment he was waiting for, when he was done bathing he went to his chambers. Everything was the way he had left it.

He sat on his and lay down, he needed a bit of rest,

"Caspian! Caspian!"

Caspian rose from his bed, "My Lord your mother requests for you to come urgently to see your father."

Caspian saw it was dark out, "How long have I been asleep for?"

"For three moons My Lord."

Caspian was surprised, he was so fatigued. He dashed to his parents' villa, and walked into his parent's chambers,. His mother was sitting next to him.

He went up to the bed, and his father looked pale, he took his hand.

"My boy, I always have dreamt about this day." Tears fell down his father's face.

"I am happy to be back father."

His father's eyes closed and he stopped moving, Caspian could not grasp what had just happened, her mother's cries were loud.

The day went by as they prepared his father for the funeral. The news had broken out and everyone was mourning his father.

He did not have a chance to see Aurora yet, the funeral was to be only the close members of the family.

His father's body was taken to the wooden stakes where he would be cremated,

"Caspian?"

He turned and found Nadia was in his arms, "You are back, I prayed every day for your return."

Nadia finally pulled back, "How have you been sire?"

"I'm fine Nadia."

Rurina came and stood next to him, "Who is she?"

"I'm his wife," Nadia replied.

"You are married?" Rurina asked.

"Yes I am, and Nadia Rurina is my life's saviour, without her I would not be here."

"Then I also owe you my life."

His mother stood beside him, and he held her hand as the cremation began. Tears were pouring down her face, he was heartbroken that he had come back a few years too late.