Chapter 56

Caspian took a deep breath and entered Aurora's chambers, he had a few weeks left. He would spend it with Aurora as much as he could.

She seemed to be out of it and he knew that she had heard the news about him leaving for war.

"You heard the news."

Aurora nodded, her heart hurt even more when she saw him in person and for it to come from his mouth made it all the more real.

"I will be gone for a few days Aurora, I will come back to you without a single scratch."

"You will be in the front line Caspian!"

"I know Aurora but they don't call me the god of war for nothing."

"That does not make me feel any better, I don't know how I to leave without you. You can't die or else I will kill you myself." A tear fell and she could not hold back anymore.

Caspian lifted her and set her on his lap, "I promise you, I will be back soon."

Aurora still cried, even though his words were trying to soothe her, they still didn't work fully. That night they went to bed holding each other tightly.

"Aurora, wake up."

Aurora opened her eyes it was still dark out, "Did something happen?"

"I have prepared everything, you can go to the bathe."

Aurora was confused as to what was going on? She wanted to ask Caspian more questions.

"I have to go sort out a few things, I will be back soon."

Aurora bathed, when she got out they were a few dresses for her to put on. She chose a red gown and was ready to go.

Caspian came back and he smiled when he saw her, "You look more lovelier than ever." He kissed her cheek.

"Let's go." He took her hand and led her outside, there was a carriage. She climbed in and so did Caspian.

They set off and she wondered where they were going? She felt tired as they had woken up early, she leaned into Caspian and he wrapped his arms around her, and drifted to sleep.

Aurora woke up and she felt rested, she wondered where they were going, if Caspian had wanted to tell her he would have done so.

Caspian was asleep, she moved out of his arms slowly careful not to wake him up, she opened the window of the carriage a bit so she could see outside.

It was lovely, she turned to Caspian, and Aurora could not help but to smile. He really was made by the angels.

How blessed she was for him to want her of all the women that he could get. She wonders why he had fallen for her?

The thought of him going to war loomed over her like a cloud, she would not show him that she was worried so they could enjoy this moment before he left.

After some time she heard Caspian yawn, as he sat up. She smiled at him, "How long have I been sleeping?"

"For a while, you looked peaceful."

Caspian smiled at her response, the carriage finally stopped and the door was opened. Caspian stepped out and he held out his hand, she took it as he helped her down the carriage steps.

It was close to nighttime and It was beautiful, there were cottages and the view was amazing.

"Let's sit by the bench as they set up our room."

Aurora nodded, and they went to the bench. She looked at Caspian as he closed his eyes,

"Do I look that handsome?"