Chapter 41

Caspian became enraged when Aurora said she wanted to leave him again, he lost the little composure that had left him as her words pierced her heart.

He did not know what had come over him, he grasped her chin and made her look at him, he spoke his heart, she could not leave him and Aurora could not die without his permission.

He saw that he was just widening the gap between them, he held her face gently and spoke his heart, asking her what was wrong.

When Caspian came to the root of the problem he realized how hurt she was, he thought he wanted to make his parents happy, he pulled her in his arms, but now when he held Aurora he forgot about them and nothing was worth it if she was not with him.

He realized when she was gone that his life had no meaning without her, he could only see himself having a future only where she was in it.

Her sobs tore at his heart, how had he been so oblivious to the woman he claimed to love? He pulled them to the bed when she stopped crying after a while.

He held her in his arms and her breathing deepened. He looked at her as she slept, and he vowed that he would not hurt her anymore, he just wanted their days to be filled with joy.

He settled her and went to the guards and ordered them to prepare dinner but this one would be special.

He came back and sat on his table as he worked watching over Aurora, she slept for a while, and when he saw her stirring up and her eyes opened.

He went up to her and held out his hand so they could go to dinner, and when they got to the pavilion, she was looking in awe at the decorations.

He watched her, this is how he wanted to live the remainder of his life with memories and moments such as these.

They sat down and ate supper, he was not done making it up to her. He would do so for the remainder of his life as long as they lived.

When they were done with dinner he went up to her and held out his hand to her, she took it and they made their way to the next surprise.

They walked until they got to the bridge and he saw her eyes light up.

Aurora could not believe the sight there were flowers on the water, she looked out at the lamps that floated above them.

She also noticed the soft glint of the light of the moon and the stars that looked like jewels, she felt Caspian's arms go around her.

Aurora's back was to his, and his head rested on the curve of her neck. He held her tightly and she couldn't be happier.

This was a moment that she wanted for life and a moment they could keep in their hearts forever. She felt Caspian's lips on her neck, and her pulse quickened.

After what seemed to be a lifetime they went back hand in hand back to his chambers. Caspian pulled her to him the minute the door closed.

He kissed her and quenched his thirst, she returned his kiss with her own desire. He undid her dress and lifted her gently.

When he sat her on the bed, she helped him take off his shirt, he kissed every inch of her. Her response made him smile,

He dreamt about this moment and it felt amazing that she was really under him and she felt the same desire as he did.

Aurora woke up the next morning feeling overheated, she realized it was Caspian laying his head on her chest and holding her so tightly.

He was still fast asleep, he had long eyelashes, and his face looked angelic and he breathed in and out.