Keep your eyes open | Zendaya

"You saw me right? Please tell me you saw it!" Aaron said vigorously, almost jumping up and down in joy.

"Yes of course we saw it darling, you did so good" Zendaya said, smiling brightly at her son. It was Aaron's first hockey game and he'd just scored his first goal.

Aaron looked at you who wasn't as excited as the other two but happy for your only son nonetheless. "Mom, we're your eyes actually open this time?" he asked. He knows you hated watching him practice, too nervous that he would get hurt.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world" you said, smiling down from the bleachers. Aaron smiled and waved goodbye as his coach shouted for the kids to assemble.

Zendaya looked at you with disbelief. "You totally closed your eyes didn't you?" you nodded and made a pouting face. Zendaya giggled at how nervous your son playing hockey made you.

"The whole game" you confessed, looking down to the rink, the game was about to start again. You closed your eyes again, Zendaya still laughing at you.

It went on for a minute and Zendaya realized that you wouldn't open your eyes during the whole thing. "Baby, you have to watch sometime" she said, turning you so you could look at her and not the rink. "It's what he loves, he needs your support" Zendaya pulled your head to her chest, your face turned against the wall.

You sighed contently in her embrace. "I know" you said, turning your head to look at the rink. "I'm just scared" you opened your eyes, then closed them, then opened them again. "It's a violent sport, he's just a kid Z!" you yelled, anxiety filling your brain with all sorts of disasters that could take place.

"Yes" Zendaya said, pushing you to stand up straight, looking at the game. "And so are they" she motioned her hand over the rink. Sure Aaron was only 12, but so was the rest of the players. "They can't do that much harm can they?" Zendaya questioned you rhetorically, rubbing your arm.

You looked at all the players, they were all so small. You scoffed, feeling a little stupid. "I guess I never thought of that" you giggled at yourself. "I suppose I don't have to worry until she gets older" you said, turning to the game. "Well, at lest I don't have to worry as much" you turned to Zendaya, both of you smiling. Zendaya pulled you in for a kiss, placing her hand on your cheek, it was short and sweet.

You both turn to the game, following along as Aaron made his debut in hockey. "Did it have to be so cold though" Zendaya giggled, trying to warm her hands in her jacket. You gave her a loving scoff as you took her hands into your own, kissing them a few times before trying to warm them up. She leaned in and kissed you again, a bit longer this time. "Thank you baby" you both turned to the game just as Aaron made another goal.

"Woah!" the crowed cheered again, clapping their hands. But this time your eyes were only filled with pure love and happiness for your baby boy. And this time, they were open.