On the house | Scarlett Johansson | First meeting

author's note: in this one you'll get the first meeting between you and Scarlett as well as Rose. This is just fiction and the only accuracy are their names. This is just how I write "my character" Rose to be. Enjoy besties <3

Working in a coffeeshop was surprisingly calming to you, and you often found yourself excited for another day at work

Working in a coffeeshop was surprisingly calming to you, and you often found yourself excited for another day at work. During the later hours of your shifts however, you'd love nothing more than to go home, or just quit all together. It was the perfect balance, really.

It was a surprise to say the least when the Scarlett Johansson walked into the shop one morning.

The morning rush had just subsided and you'd taken your usual round of cleaning the few tables that people had been seated around.

You heard the doorbell announce someone's arrival but didn't turn your attention away from the task at hand. "I'll be with you in a minute." You said over your shoulder to the customer.

Cleaning the rest of the table, you left the rag—ready to be used again once you'd taken the customer's order—and made your way behind the counter.

When you looked up your jaw dropped and you felt astonished. 'Did I really just tell Scarlett Johansson to wait because I was busy cleaning dirty tables?!' You thought—more like screamed at yourself—trying not to let your distress show.

You studied her concentrated face, she'd clearly not decided on what to order yet, but after a few seconds—that felt like very long minutes—she finally looked away from the menu board and connected her gaze with yours.

You cleared your throat and took a subtle, sharp breath, trying to compose yourself in front of the world famous actress. "What can I get you?" You asked, trying your hardest to not let your voice crack.

"I'll have a salted caramel latte with extra caramel. And one chocolate bagel, please." She ordered. Her raspy voice making your knees bend under the counter.

You tried to collect all your thoughts and settle all your nerves before you opened your mouth to speak, "Will that be all, Ms Johansson?" You questioned, only to realize it might be weird that the barista she just met called her by her last name.

"Yes. Thank you," Scarlett said, dragging out the words as her eyes roamed over your chest, "(y/n)." She smiled sheepishly.

A blush creeped onto your cheeks at hearing Scarlett say your name. Your gaze instinctively fell down to your name tag before you centered your attention back to Scarlett. You passed her a big, sheepish grin that could be plastered on a child's face when entering Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.

Scarlett let her gaze wander over the small shop while you prepared her coffee. It was decorated with plants next to plants over plants, with a few books lining the tables for entertainment. A broad bookshelf was taking up some of the space next to the entrance with even more literature. The wooden tables were lined with metal accessories and the metal chairs were cladded with homey pillows and blankets. There were a few couches as well, dark beige leather cladding them.