Unwanted feelings | Wanda Maximoff

The (y/l/n)'s arrived at the compound a month ago and I was one of few that accepted them from the start. (y/n) and I are close in age so we became friends easily. I realized I loved her when we talked about leaving together, build our own home, our own future.

Earlier today I found out it will never happen, cause (y/n) slept with someone else. My brother.

I ran away from the compound at my discovery, to the nearest park. The black widow hot on my tail. She must have seen my fragile state when I passed her in the common room.

My body didn't bother making it to the bench a few feet away, instead plopping down on the moist grass. I felt my jeans getting wet, but I didn't care.

"I love her Nat!" I exclaimed in despair. My emotions spreading inside me like a wildfire.

"I know Wanda. I'm sorry, but Pietro don't know that, and neither does (y/n)" My best friend said.

Natasha was a handful but she was always a good to me. She was the one who taught me how to fight, hunt, survive. She was the only one who cared about me except for Pietro. And (y/n).

"Hey what's going on?"

I knew that voice. (y/n)'s  voice.

"We're just having a talk Wanda and me" Natasha answered when I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. What to do.

"Wanda can I borrow you for a moment?"

I slightly looked back at the girl standing with her hands in the pockets of her beige jacket. The one she borrowed from me a few weeks ago.

Natasha stood up from the lan so she was face to face with the person I so desperately loved. "(y/n) now is not a good time"

I could imagine that (y/n) nodded her head slowly, one time, making it clear that she understood.

"It's okay. Can you give us a moment" I spoke quietly, I wasn't even sure if they heard me. Natasha leant down and kissed my head while whispering in my ear if I was sure. I nodded and she walked past (y/n) and back to the others in the compound.

(y/n) walked up next to me before sitting down, legs crossed over each other and her hands relaxing on them. I on the other hand had my chin on my knees, my brown hair surrounding my face. "I heard that Tony's having another one of his parties tonight. You in?" (y/n) faced me but I just sat there, quiet.

"I'm not in the mood" I didn't want to be cold to her, she was still my best friend but I was too hurt, too scattered.

"Wanda did something happen?" Her tone was upset but yet worrying. I guess it came out harsher then she meant too.

I stood up and brushed off some dirt from my legs. "I have duties I need to attend to" As I was about to leave I felt a hand grab my arm.

"Wanda what is up with you!" I flinched at the loud, stern voice. She began to tighten her grip around my arm, not because she wanted to hurt me but because she wanted the truth. For me to stay.

"Nothing's wrong (y/n), so just back of" Lying. Seemed like I would be doing a lot of that in the upcoming future.

"Don't lie to me Maximoff. I know you and this is not who you are!"

I yank my arm away from her grip but I still stood there, terrified for what I was about to say. "Okay do you really wanna know what's wrong?! " I asked in a harsh voice. (y/n) nodded as worry plastered her face. "You!" I spat, letting all my emotions out.

"You slept with my brother! And I-I'm," My heart was beating faster then ever and my mind couldn't stop spinning around in circles. "And I'm in love with you" I breathed out after what felt like an eternity and felt the tears dripping down on my cheeks. My body was shaking like never before, though I'm pretty sure no one could notice that except for me.

(y/n) seemed to be more in shock then I was. "Y-you love me?" She took a step closer, making me flinch a little for the fear the she might hit me. She did the opposite.

(y/n) gently pulled away my hair behind my ear before placing her hand on my check. I leaned into the touch. "Wanda look at me" She giggled softly which made me smile instinctively. I looked up at her and saw that she had tears in her eyes as well.

"I love you too Maximoff"

I was in complete shock, my body froze and my mind was spinning faster then before. Did she actually love me.

Before I knew it her lips crashed into mine and I quickly gave into the kiss. My hands went to her waist while her other made its way to my lonely cheek. Her tongue creased my lips, gently, asking for entrence. I approved. The watery, salty taste made its way to my mouth. She was crying now, and her tears tasted of salt in my mouth.

We released our lips when we had to take a sip of air. Stupid air. We collided our foreheads together, smiling stupidly wide. "I could stay like this forever" (y/n) said, breaking the silence.

Maybe our future wasn't lost after all, maybe all we needed was to admit our feelings. I don't know why and I don't know how, but we will survive this. Together. We will build a home, a family. Where everyone is accepted and loved, and where we can be together until we grow old.