Beaming eyes | Xochitl Gomez

Xochitl's moms birthday was approaching tonight and Xochitl wanted to buy just the right accessory for her. With my expertise in jewelry, which by the way is zero, I volunteered to help her in her search. To be honest I just wanted an excuse to spend more time with my costar. Off set more specifically. If Xochitl wanted to hang out off set that meant she liked me and enjoyed my company and that there was a tiny, small chance she wanted to be more than just friends.

We had been looking at a few stores, not finding anything fitting. Xochitl had almost given up but I dragged her to one last store, hoping she'd find the perfect gift. Xochitl had been looking for over a week but her mother had a special taste and sometimes items like that was hard to come by.

"Hey (y/n) don't breath on that! It's expensive" Xochitl yelled across the small jewelry shop, earning the cashiers attention. If I tell you her eyes didn't fallow me everywhere I went after that I'd be lying.

"Why did you even bring me here if I can't do anything?" I yelled back. Luckily the shop was fairly empty so the only one bothered by us was the cashier. "Hey, this one's pretty nice!" I called out over a counter. Xochitl came over to me to look at the necklace, when she saw it she beamed with excitement. Her eyes sparkled with the weight of the world, until she saw the price tag.

"It's a bit too much" she said softly. "It's probably not her taste anyways". I could tell she was lying, her jaw always tensed when her words weren't true. She gave me a small smiled and walked back to her previous spot to continue looking.

I looked at the tag again, it was almost my whole monthly salary, but it didn't matter. "Hey excuse me" I called to the cashier who was already watching me closely. Xochitl turned around and listened in wonder. "I'd like to buy this necklace" I continued when the cashier was at my side. She unlocked the glass-box and handed me the jewelry so I could inspect it more thoroughly.

"(y/n) what are you doing?" Xochitl said and approached me once again. I looked at her as though I was only buying her a sandwich and it was no biggie. "You don't need to do this (y/n/n), it's really expensive and I know you don't have much savin-"

"But I want to do it" I said, cutting her off and handing the necklace back to the cashier. "We'll take it" Xochitl reached for my hand before I could go to the register and gave me a tight blissful hug. I gladly accepted it and hug her equally as tightly. In reality I wanted to buy her that necklace, but I figured this was the next best. Out friendship is fairly new and I didn't want to mess it up with my silly feelings before it had even properly started.

"That'll be 2500 dollars" the cashier called out and I went over to pay. I was probably gonna have to live on bread and water for a few weeks but it was totally worth it to be able to see the weight of the world in Xochitl's eyes once more. And this time, they were beaming for me.

We left the store with the necklace safe and sound in my front pocket, Xochitl walking after me like a lost puppy. "Why would you do that?" she asked, stopping me and turning me around.

"I just wanted to see your smile," I said, looking everywhere but her eyes. "at me" Xochitl was quiet and it made me feel sick, fuck why did I say that. "Sorry" I added, hoping to play it of like an really supportive friend.

"You don't," she placed a hand on my arm. "You don't have to say sorry" she said, her eyes staring into mine, no doubt in them for miles and miles. "I'll pay you back okay" her hand dropped and suddenly a shiver spread through my arm. "Half at least" Xochitl added when she saw the look on my face. I had to back down and agree, I could never say no to her.

We walked to our hotel, not saying much when Xochitl suddenly spoke again. "You wanna come?" she asked. "To my mother's birthday party. It's gonna be quite big she says" she stopped me once more and stepped in front of me. "So do you wanna come?" she asked again, her eyes now looking everywhere but at me. "Like my date?"

I screamed inside my head at her words until it dawned on me that she might just mean as friends. "Like a date, date?" I asked, actually looking her in the eyes.

"Yeah, like a date, date" she said, smiling at me, man that godly smile could kill me a hundred times over. She leaned up and kissed my cheek before stepping back. "I'll knock on your door at seven?"

"Yeah. Yeah" I said in shook, almost whispering. "I'll see you" she walked into the hotel and when I couldn't spot her I danced and jumped around in the street, earning a few weird and wondering looks.

When I calmed down and walked against the entrance I saw Xochitl smiling brightly at me, her eyes beaming with love. "Shit" I giggled nervously.

I stood frozen almost and saw how she mouthed the words "You're cute"

This was going to be a good night.