Hair tie | Yelena Belova

"I've already sent good vibes your way. They're coming. There's nothing you can do to stop them" Yelena said after finishing her second beer. Her feet lifting her up and dragging her over to her fridge. Forcing her to grab another one.

(y/n)'s eyes followed her the whole way, feeling a little loopy. "This is the most threatening way I've ever been cheered up" she chuckled, siping on her drink she forced Yelena to make her. She really didn't like the taste of beer, which Yelena wasn't very fond of.

Yelena sat back down on her small IKEA couch, placing a hand on (y/n)'s thigh. "Well, what can I say?" Yelena said before opening the beer bottle with her teeth. "I'm a rather special woman" she raised the bottom of her beer and softly taped (y/n)'s glass. Toasting to nothing in particular.

"That, you are" (y/n) agreed before raising her glass fully to her mouth.

The room fell into a comfortable silence, both girls occupied with their own thoughts. Yelena had never felt so uncertain and confident at the same time about one thing only. Never in any of her missions, even after she was freed from the mind control, has she ever been this scared. She felt something deep and meaningful for the girl next to her. Something she'd never felt before. And if only amplified since they officially started dating.

(y/n) on the other hand, was drowning in the thoughts about her siblings. The Maximoff triplets. Now down to only one. It's been a years since the most recent death of her sister Wanda. But for (y/n) it felt like she'd already lost her sister before she actually died. She loved Wanda to pieces, the same with Pietro. And the fact that they both died the same month made September the hardest month to get through every year. Especially now that she was grieving all alone.

A few minutes passed until (y/n) broke the silence, not wanting to have to listen to her mind anymore. So she asked Yelena the first question she could come up with in her loopy mind. "Do you think different laundry detergents taste different?"

Without skipping a beat, Yelena answered, "Yes" and gazed into (y/n)'s eyes with a serious look.

"The fact that you answered this so quickly without a doubt, gives me fear" (y/n) exclaimed while trying to stifle her laughter. Yelena loosened her serious look and join in on (y/n)'s fits of giggles. "Gosh, you're like, my favorite person in the whole world" (y/n) engulfed the last of her drink before leaning back comfortably in Yelena's couch.

Yelena's heart was running miles on the treadmill that was her brain. Hearing that from the person she cared about the most, was truly euphoric. She placed her beer down on her coffee table and leaned back beside (y/n). She found herself fumbling with the hair tie on her wrist - a habit she'd picked up whenever she was anxious, nervous or just bored.

Yelena released a shaky breath. She's never been good with feeling, especially not explaining those feelings out loud. Both their heads rested against the couch cushion, their gaze on the all so interesting eggshell-white ceiling. Or so Yelena thought.

When she turned her face to look at (y/n) she noticed that (y/n) had already been looking at her, a soft smile on her face. Yelena's cheeks quickly turned into a maroon color and she adverted her head to look back up at the ceiling.

As she continued to play with the hair tie on her wrist, Yelena spoke, "I have an idea". She sat up straight and crossed her legs under her, facing (y/n).