Chapter 7

Dream shakily opened a portal and smiled at his success. He stepped through and felt the negativity.

Was he even ready to approach his brother and his team yet?

'HELP!'

Dream spawned in his bow and arrow, shooting straight at Killer. Before Nightmare had a chance to react, a sharp arrow was piercing his chest.

* BOSS!!

Nightmare looked down. He could keep the arrow in there...and watch himself fall apart from the positivity poisoning, or he could remove it...potentially bleeding out. But he had another plan. Dream watched as the darkened sludge that covered his brother slithered off. He looked up at Dream, with teary eyes.

* B-Brother...?

That word lit up a spark in Dream. He ran and hugged Nightmare tightly, crying into his twin brother's shoulder.

* I-I'm so sorry, I swear I'll never let you go again! I regret every second I wasn't there for you...every second I could've done better. Please, please don't leave me!

There was silence.

* A bit like how you left me..~?

* Night-

And with that a tentacle stabbed Dream so deep it went through him.

* I'll take every ounce of positivity if that means getting rid of you. You mean nothing to me.

Nightmare and his group teleported off, leaving Dream in the glitching...fading timeline.

Alone.

On the other hand, Amelia and Ink were laughing as Blue tried to draw the object they were describing. Was it a car? A bike? A door?!

"Deary me Blue..."

* Give me better clues!

Ink giggled as he took another cookie to eat.

"Hey, has Dream woken up? It's 12pm."

* It doesn't matter, if he wants to stay in his room let him.

* Blue be nice, he's been through a lot!

* But never lost a brother...
Blue mumbled under his breath.

"He may not have lost his brother to death, but he'll never get Nightmare back. Now stop holding this unnecessary grudge and include him. 😠" Amelia crossed her arms and Blue apologised for his behaviour.

They went up to Dream's room only to not find him.

* Uh...

* Well, I don't feel his aura around the house.

Amelia sat down on the bed and cast a spell to see - in 3D - where Dream had gone. They watched him get out of bed and get ready before opening a portal.

"It's way too early to began his duties again...why would he do that?!"

The arrow in Nightmare's chest lead to the sludge coming off him.

* He got Nightmare back!

Blue scoffed and glared at Amelia.

* You were saying?

"Blue this-"

* He gets everything he wants without even fixing his mistakes, can't he-

Their eyes widened as they watched a tentacle pierced right through Dream, before leaving him in the collapsing AU. Amelia wasted no time in opening a portal. The AU was breaking down, Dream must've been under bricks and gravel and dirt. Amelia used more magic, lifting large objects to reveal an unconscious Dream. Ink carried him and they all went back through the portal.

He was quickly placed on his bed and Ink took his soul out. It was barely glowing.

* This is bad, this is really bad.

"Use your brush to make a breathing tube kit, Blue go get towels...I'll see what I can do."

A few hours went by...

Amelia and Ink left the room to make dinner, leaving Blue to watch Dream. His mind wanted to shut down the life support and beat him up right there and then...but he heart sang another song. The guilt built up inside of it. It was better to have a dead brother than a brother that you watched everyday destroy you without flaw.

He was sat on Dream's bedside, holding his hand.

* Wake up Dream...c'mon you're stronger than this...I'm sorry for the grudge I had...

But Dream didn't move and the noise of the oxygen gas annoyed Blue even more.

* C'mon wake up, you can't just give up this easily...

He's doing it on purpose.

Blue looked around, these voices...who was speaking?

He loves all that attention.

* ...No...

He watched as Dream's hand moved, just a little bit.

You know he has the ability to self-heal, right~?

Blue felt Dream's soul, filled with positivity. He didn't feel angry...he felt sad. He realised who the voice belonged to. Those words he had said to Dream the day before were purely because he had listened to that voice.

* Nightmare, you'll never persuade me again.

Blue went to his room and got a box Dream had given to him a very long time ago.

He was only to open it in emergencies.

This was an emergency! Blue used the attached key to open the box and he looked at the bright golden apple twinkling.

He had an idea.

The apple had instant healing affects when consumed...maybe if he could turn it into a juice of some sort. Blue ran downstairs and cut the apple into slices before juicing them dry. He grabbed an empty IV line and poured it in before running back up to Dream the connecting it to him.

* Please Dream...

Dream's vitals spiked before he grabbed Blue's hand tightly, gasping. He sat up immediately and quickly disconnected the IV line with the golden magic.

* B-Blue! You only needed t-to use a little bit...it's dangerously strong..

* Sorry!

Ink and Amelia came running in, their eyes widened and smiles beaming to see Dream awake.

"We're so glad you're okay!"

Dream smiled before getting out of bed.

* Me too, but we don't have any time left to lose.

"Why?"

* I know what he's planning.