Chapter 16 - Finale

Ellie had frozen everyone in time except for Nightmare, Cross and Amelia by her side.

"I can feel Nightmare. Did he just leave the mission for his team?"

* No...he wanted to do this, he's definitely here. Is he with Dream?

"No I'm using magic right now, he's alone."

Dream opened the window and watched the light rain fall gentle onto the grass. There was a reason why he chose this area to have the base at.

The huge apple tree...

Brother, look! They're finally growing!

All that work paid off..

Haha, yeah! I'm so proud of us Nighty.

( * Dream don't say anything. Close your eyes. He's behind you. He's done something, I can't get into reflection objects. )

* How times have changed.

Dream didn't turn around but instead took a deep breath.

( * Let me take over. )

* Silent, huh?

* I don't know how to...

* Lost for words, no surprise.

( * It only happens in a time of panic or intense fear..okay, don't turn around yet. )

* You really had feelings for Cross, didn't you?

It was as if you could hear the grin that appeared on his face.

* He doesn't love you, and he never will.

( * Don't listen to him, just focus on my voice. The others will realise soon enough but they'll need to be careful because as long as Night's aware, they'd be close to death. )

* All your friends are going to die unless you cooperate, Dream.

( * If you don't turn around, he'll think you've tweaked his plan. )

So Dream turned around, keeping his eyes closed.

* Good, now open your eyes.

The sound of Nightmare's footsteps made Dream more and more nervous.

* You have nothing to live for, so open your eyes.

( * Don't listen to him. You do. )

* You're really pissing me off, you little-

Dream opened his eyes and a spark of his magic blinded Nightmare temporarily. He teleported out onto the grass outside and was immediately grabbed by Nightmare.

( * Don't look at it! )

* You think you can escape destiny?!

* We don't have to do this..

Dream kept his eyes closed even when Night let go of him, suddenly kicking him in the stomach and forcing him to the ground.

* You wanna know something Dream?

Dream tried to drag himself away from his brother but a tentacle kept him in his place.

* You thought you were smart about all this...right? Let him hear 'em boys.

The team took the duct tape off Amelia, Ellie, Cross and the rest of the Good Sanses.

"DREAM DON'T OPEN YOUR EYES!" Amelia yelled, trying to get loose from Horror's grip.

"We'll save you-!" Ellie nervously said.

* Dream, I-I'm so sorry-!

( * They realised Cross was on our side, Dream you've got to get me to take over! )