Chapter 14

It had been a month and Cross had visited regularly, spending more and more time with everyone, but Dream especially. In reality, he really did care about Dream...but he knew if he betrayed Nightmare, everyone would suffer.

And suffer badly.

* I was looking through the attic yesterday and found so many old pictures y'know. 😅

* Oh really? Let's see some.

Dream showed them to Cross and they both had a good laugh and talk over it.

* Heh, I miss those days..

Dream looked over at Cross when he heard those words.

* Me too. :)

They looked into one another's eyes and smiled. Dream still couldn't tell what this feeling was...because he hadn't felt it in such a long time.

( * Dream your mission alert is going off. )

* O-Oh! I have to help a timeline. I'll see you soon, Cross.

* Of course. :)

They teleported their separate ways and Dream was relieved to know the timeline just needed help with food production. The missions for the last month had been so calm and simple out almost seemed too good to be true. But it was still a job he had to execute perfectly to keep everyone happy and positive.

Cross teleported back to his room in Nightmare's room. He had kept one of the pictures with him and the guilt had been getting to him. Nightmare's plan was...Cross considered it the worst thing a twin could do to another. There was a knock on his door and Cross went to open it.

* Any info today?

Cross shook his head.

* Besides their plan to rescue Sci, Dream's been the happiest he's been in a long time-

* Well thank goodness that won't last long. Does he trust you enough to tell you info on the last apple?

* I...I'm not sure..? We've gotten pretty close if that's what you mean..

* Good, you better not gain feelings for that idiot. This plan has to be perfect if we want complete destruction.

* Yeah...they plan to save Sci tonight.

* Great. I'll use the white crystal on him before they get here.

Cross nodded before Night left the room.

He had a choice to make.

Dream returned back home where the others were laying out a garden picnic. He helped them finish taking out the food and drinks and they sat down and dug in.

* Oo that reminds me! Dream is it true you have a crush on Cross?

Dream chocked on his cupcake and looked at Ink.

* Pardon me?? Of course not!

( * It's so obvious though. )

"As much as I don't trust Cross, you two are absolutely adorable together."

* We're just friends Amelia! 😭

* Pure, LIES! 😆

They were all getting along, like what Dream always dreamt of. Blue was happy, Ink was in perfect health, and Amelia was joyful.

( * All of this feels fake. Too good to be true. )

Dream rolled his eyes and continued getting along with his friends.

An hour before midnight...

Ink explain the route and backup route of how to get to Sci and save him. Amelia and Dream were on watch out duty, so they went invisible and kept on the lookout. Dream remained very focused, even when he heard Nightmare's voice nearby. He came walking down the hallway with Killer before pausing near Dream.

* You okay Boss?

* No.

* What's-

* The Good Sanses are nearby.

Killer spawned a knife and started to look everywhere. Blue and Ink were in the lab with Sci, helping him take the important things; Dream was determined to keep them from finding out.

Nightmare started walking towards Dream but fortunately, Dream could move away due to being invisible. He kept his eyes on Nightmare.

( * Dream be careful. The others have teleported Sci out, we can go. )

Dream teleported back home and pinched himself. The mission was a success!

( * I'm honestly surprised that went so well. )

* Same, and this proves that Cross can be trustworthy!

( * No it doesn't...maybe he was asleep or something. )

* Or he really sees something in us.

( * In you. )

* Lighten up Shattered, Cross knows you're just trying to protect me. :)

( * Whatever makes you happy. )

The others were helping Sci selling into the home but it was pretty clear by now that Dream was in love...really in love..

Nightmare - on the other hand - was furious.

* How could we let them get AWAY WITH THIS?!

* They were invisible Bo-

* SO? We should be unstoppable.

Cross looked down. He felt bad for not giving Night that extra information, but a part of him just wanted Dream happy. Which was more important to him?

* We'll succeed the next mission Boss, I promise.

* We better. Cross you need to get as much information as possible. Do I make myself clear?

Cross nodded before everyone was dismissed.

* Wait here Cross, I need to talk to you alone.

Cross paused before turning back around to look at Nightmare.

* I want all the information out of Dream, am I clear? Their next plans, mission, steps, everything. We'll get his soul tomorrow, so make sure you use the poison Dust found or something to stop his pathetic teammates from doing anything.

Cross nodded before teleporting to his room. He couldn't sleep knowing tomorrow could go dangerously wrong..