Chapter 10

Jessica awoke in the early hours of the morning feeling sick.

She glanced around, blurry-eyed.

Where was she?

A bizarre feeling took hold of her. She knew where she was, but she also felt completely and utterly lost.

The bedroom was decorated in a masculine fashion, with deep blue walls and hard wooden floors. The comfy bed was a double with grey sheets that felt new and fresh under her fingers. The room was surprisingly very clean—no rubbish on the floors, no clothes hanging out of half-closed drawers.

She hugged the pillow close to her, and a familiar scent filled her senses.

Jake.

It was intoxicating; she breathed in deeply, wishing she could bottle the scent up and live in it forever.

How did he smell so good? She made a mental note to ask him what aftershave he used.

The sick feeling returned, stronger this time. Bubbling away in her stomach and travelling dangerously up her throat.

She was going to be sick.

She jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, moving with such speed that she was shocked but also impressed.

She dry-heaved into the toilet, her stomach feeling like someone was punching her over and over again. Finally, bile followed, and her stomach twisted and twisted until she felt like she was going to pass out.

Her eyes streamed with tears, and her nose ran as she slumped against the toilet.

There was a soft knock on the door, and Jess grunted and gave them permission to enter.

Jake swung the door open. He was wearing deep blue checkered pyjama bottoms, and his feet were bare. A tight black t-shirt sat snugly around his torso, straining against his biceps. If it wasn't for how shit she was feeling, Jess knew she would admire the look more.

Without saying a word, Jake came and kneeled behind her, holding her hair back as one palm spread over her back, rubbing up and down soothingly.

Just knowing he was there helped her.

She rested her head on her arm, which was awkwardly placed over the toilet.

"How's Amanda?" Jessica asked, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

He made a low groan but didn't remove his hand from her back.

"Fine, I'm sure. She went home when everyone else did." He replied.

That made her feel a bit better, so she softened her glare at him.

Jessica licked her dry lips, trying to get rid of the bad taste in her mouth.

She heaved again, and he rubbed her back comfortingly. After she was done, she adjusted her head so she could see him, and their eyes met in a long stare. His grey eyes bored into hers, a mixture of grey's swarming like clouds before a storm. She didn't feel awkward as she stared at him. All she felt was confusion.

Why was there jealousy raging through her like a fire? Why did she want to go and claw Amanda's eyes out for thinking that he was available for the taking?

"Why did you dance with her?" She inquired, her question leaving her mouth as quickly as it entered her mind.

"Because she asked me too."

"I wanted to dance with you." She muttered and directed her gaze to the white tile floor. It must have been the alcohol making her speak; she would never have said these things otherwise.