Chapter 20

Jake led the way back outside, carefully navigating the cliff, his hand never leaving hers.

Jess suddenly didn't feel so brave anymore. "What if someone comes?"

"No one will come."

"But what if they do?"

Jake shrugged carelessly, "So what? We don't know them. They don't know us. Fuck them."

"It's freezing." She declared, glancing down nervously at the water below.

He looked around, admiring the beautiful scenery as he tilted his face up towards the sun, basking in the warm rays. "Feels pretty mild to me."

"Don't be a twat, you know I meant the water."

He grinned, and then his eyes went wide as realisation washed over his face. "Oh, I see now. You're scared you'll see something you'll like." He laughed, raising an eyebrow.

Jess gave him a bewildered look.

He stepped an inch closer. "We all know how much you 'like dicks' as you so gracefully told everyone earlier."

Her ears burned with embarrassment. She stepped closer to him, flicking his shoulder, hard. "You best stop teasing me, Jake."

"Or what, are you going to flick me to death?" He laughed. Jess felt like she was ready to pop with rage. He was such a windup, it drove her insane. She wanted to punch that smug grin right off his face.

But she also loved every second of it.

Jake glanced down at their feet and then back up at her face. "Are you a chicken, Jess?"

"What?" She asked, genuinely taken aback by what he said. She hadn't been called a chicken since she was a child.

Jake suddenly started to flap his arms like a chicken would and make bucking noises. Jess covered her mouth with her hand, trying to hold in her laughter.

"Are you really pretending to be a chicken right now?" Jess asked, astonished at what she was seeing.

"I'm imitating you. Chicken." He let out another chorus of clucks.

"You really are the apotheosis of the male species, you know that?" She told him jokingly.

He stopped suddenly, standing up straight again. He was a lot closer to her now. "I'm not the one scared of a little bit of cold water." He stepped forward and was now stood right in front of her. Reaching out, Jake pinched her waist, which made her gasp. "Or was it the fact that you might see my dick? I can't remember the conclusion we came to." He teased and started to tickle her.

She squirmed away, laughing, but it was no use. He was stronger, bigger, and faster. She fell to the muddy floor, her hand dipping into the cool pool of water next to her, and she cupped it to throw water over him.

He jumped away, as if she had thrown a poisonous snake at him.

"That was a low move." He told her, shaking his head.

"You started it." She laughed and sat up, hugging her knees to her chest.

He moved to the edge of the pool to be next to her, swirling his finger in the water as he leaned into her. "What's really going on, Jess? This was your idea, remember? You wanted to do everything Adam did on this trip."

Jess didn't want to admit it, but the thought of getting naked around Jake both thrilled and terrified her.

She glanced at him, her cheeks warming as the thought of him taking his top off and pulling his trousers down filled her mind. His bare back, the tightness of his thighs leading to his firm butt. She nibbled her bottom lip anxiously.