CHAPTER SIX

'the surprising ducks are still in this game against the hornets adam banks has the puck, banks moving right in front, stops, he shoots, he scores!'

i cup my hands around my mouth and cheer for the boy as i stood behind the bench, everyone began battling for the puck.

'it's getting rough out there between the ducks and the hornets, here's adam banks in the slot, he stops, shoots, he scores!'

"y/n you're up!" coach says, patting my back, i get out onto the ice and rapidly skate.

i see everyone crowding on top of each other clearly not knowing that the puck was out in the open, it had slid from out the circle, i skate over and go to near the goal.

'here comes y/n l/n, she's coming in hot as she steals the open puck, dashing to the goal, she stops, she shoots, she scores! and with a signature move too!'

i had stopped in front of the goal and slid the puck, left then right, before swiftly using my stick to shoot the puck upwards before hitting it like a baseball, the puck going straight into the goal.

the buzzer sounds and i throw my hands up in triumph, my signature move never failed me once, i turn and skate backwards into my position.

adam and i hit our hockey sticks together before bending down, adam hits the puck to me and i swiftly use my back to send a hornet player flying, i pass it to averman who passes it to me again.

'back it goes to averman, he shoots! score! the ducks win it, 5-3 over the hornets and now it's on to the semifinals where the ducks will face the cardinals'

i skate over to averman and he slings his arm around me giving me a half hug as the rest of the team skate over, celebrating our victory.

we then begin to shake hands with the opposite team before all screaming and cheering some more.

we go towards the locker room and change out of our gear, taking turns to hitting the showers, changing into our normal clothes.

i grab my duffle bag and hockey stick, ready to leave and head for home, coach gave us small pep talk and we all cheer, leaving the locker room.

i feel an arm being slung around my shoulder and look over to see adam who was looking in front of him proudly.

"heya, banksie" i greet, my head resting against his for a bit as i wrap my arm around his waist.

"hey, y/n/n, i haven't seen you do the f/i-shot in ages" adam smirks, looking over at me.

(f/i = first initial)
(example: ellie = e-shot)

"i know, it just felt right to use it" i shrug looking over at the boy.

"you need to teach me some time honestly"

"what? you don't need to know it, you're amazing without any little tricks"

"yeah right, want to hang out?"

"is that even a question? of course i do"

we both go our separate ways, both driving back home to get into normal clothes to hang out.

i wear my usual go to winter outfit and make my way outside, i wore my favourite turtleneck, my black fluffy hooded coat and my earmuffs.

i notice adam zipping up his coat before spotting me, he waves and signals me over, i jog over slightly and he grabs my hand dragging me somewhere.