CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

"adam, you look fine, better then fine actually" i tell the boy to which he laughs at, wrapping his arms around me.

"are you sure this isn't too much?" he asks, i look over at his outfit before clicking my tongue a few times.

"maybe just untuck your shirt.." i tell the boy, dusting off his shoulders as he untucks his shirt, "you look perfect"

"i know" the boy shrugs, a small smirk tugging at his lips, adam had grown tall and his voice had gotten deeper over the years, he even had a middle parting now which looked so good.

"now how do i look?" i ask the boy, looking at myself in the mirror, my mum insisted i wear a dress for the first day and trust me it took a lot of convincing, even some money.

"stunning" the boy smiles, wrapping his arms around me before placing a kiss on my shoulder, grabbing something from my desk, the dragonfly necklace, "although... i think this would really top it off, it goes with your earrings"

"alright, you'll have to do it for me then" i laugh, brushing myself off and grabbing a cardigan.

"if you insist" adam says before fumbling around with the necklace for a while, i go to open my mouth, "i've got it... there!"

"alright, now let's go!" i tell the boy, both of us strapping our pads, helmets and rollerblades, i grab my bag and stuff my converse in, if mum expected me to wear heels she could dream right on.

"hey guys!" charlie yells, skating past the two of us, "averman, where are you taking us?"

"hey connie, look over here!" guy tells his girlfriend who was currently wearing a skirt, shirt and outerwear.

"nice tie banks" charlie teases the boy, "and nice dress l/n, cake eaters"

"hey my mum insisted i wear it, she even gave me money so" i shrug deciding there was nothing else to really say, i watch goldberg loose control and skate in the wrong direction, down the stairs, charlie following him.

"i'm sure they'll come back" fulton shrugs, all of us skating still, "so you guys excited?"

"to go to a preppy school with a bunch of preppy snobs? i don't think so, if anything i'm dreading it" averman laughs, all of us passing a bridge and making a turning pass it.

"do you guys hear that?" i notice charlie and goldberg yelling as they jump over the bridge railings.

"yeah goldberg!" averman cheers.

"goldberg, don't you ever do that to me again!" charlie pants, the boy regaining control as we approach an arch in front of the school.

"we're so late!" connie whines, "it's going to be so embarrassing"

"i say we skip" i tell the girl and she nods eagerly.

"let's sneak in the back alright? let's go?" everyone gets inside and goldberg looses balance, i pull connie back as we watch the boys all fumble around and fall, bringing the curtain with them.

"i'm saving us the embarrassment" i whisper to the girl, the two of us backing up and taking off our gear, "you look nice by the way!"

"hi.." charlie greets to the laughing audience, "we're the ducks"

"you're honestly a life saver" connie sighs, the two of us going around and into the hall's where the group stood.

"where did you guys go?" fulton asks, looking up from the trophy case.

"we stood on the side and save ourselves from the embarrassment" connie replies, "it was amusing watching you suffer"

"charlie man, this is not a good start to our year " kenny sighs, looking over at the boy.