CHAPTER SEVEN

'what a game so far, ladies and gentlemen! the ducks and the cardinals! cardinals with it in their own zone, tryin to clear it out, pass to the blue line, intercepted by the ducks'

i accept the puck and quickly pass it to adam, the two of us skating side by side, passing to each other over and over.

'here's their stars, y/n l/n and adam banks, the two have great speed, passing to one another to throw of the cardinals!'

adam and i we're doing our signature move we always did in hawks, i look up to see a play charging towards us and signal adam to take over.

'banks right down the middle, goes around one man with a great move! steps around another defender! he scores!'

adam and i hit our sticks together and hug one another spinning in circles whilst the crowd goes wild.

i skate over behind adam as we get into position, he passes to charlie who speedily zooms off with the puck, i notice a cardinal about to tackle him.

i skate over quickly and shove the player backwards as charlie continues for the goal, i then feel myself get checked by a player and fall to the ice.

i notice charlie didn't have the puck anymore and soar up from the floor, catching up with the cardinal who had the puck.

i place my stick in front of his, gracefully stealing the puck before taking off towards the goal doing my signature f/i-shot, scoring for the team.

we start again and race to score another goal, dodging roughly each player.

'ducks with it again, here's averman, now getting it over to banks, germaine is right in the slot, germaine with it! he shoots, he scores! germaine put it off the goaltender's glove into the net and that does it! the ducks have won! can you believe it?'

we all skate over to the bench and celebrate once again as we were finally in the finals.

'4-2  and the ducks now get set to face the hawks in the state finals!'

we all skate to the rink exit, going into our locker room to celebrate, we were all throwing
fizzy everywhere, a big box of water and ice gets thrown onto bombay and he yells out cheering.

adam and i cheer hugging one another as we jump around, our hair all sticky from fizzy and sweat, we did it!

i enter the locker room and let out a sigh, it was finally the day we were up against the hawks, adam and i we're going to face our old team and i had a feeling they weren't going to go easy.

everyone else started piling in after me and began changing into their gear, ready to skate out onto the ice where i was certain, we'd meet our doom.

we were all in a single line listening to the national anthem, the hawks right beside us, both teams exchanging glances.

the tension in the room was thick, i turn to my left to see larson smirking at me, mcgill doing the same to adam, i breathe through my nose as the crowd cheers, the game finally about to begin.

'welcome to the minnesota state pee wee championship, have we got a game for you today, the hawks coached by jack reilly, the ducks coached by gordon bombay!'

i look to my side to see hawks cheering and getting all fired up for the game, bashing their sticks to the ground.

"come on, let's get fired up!" coach bombay yells, all of us putting our hands in, "quack, quack quack.."

"quack, quack, quack, quack!" the rest of the team cheered, the crowd joining in as we skate onto the ice, adam and i we're about to join our team when we get stopped.