CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

connie julie and i were currently out shopping, i had told the girls what happened last night and they went ballistic, it took a while for them to settle down.

walking down the street i notice an ice cream parlour with adam inside, i go to walk in only for julie and connie to hold me back.

i shoot them a confused glance before looking back at adam who apparently wasn't alone, beside him stood trixie, arm wrapped around her waist.

"c'mon guys, we have a game to catch" connie scoffs, dragging us away and towards the hotel room.

"hey team! we're gonna be great today right?" tibbles smiles, looking down at us before furrowing his eyebrows, "where's gordon?"

"you tell us" luis shrugs, looking up at the older man along with the rest of the group.

"i don't believe this"

"team usa, im sorry but without a coach behind the bench you'll forfeit the game" the ref says, charlie and i glancing at each other with wide eyes.

"you can't do that" adam protests, face scrunched up as he looks at the man.

"we have one!" charlie suddenly bursts out, "miss mckay!"

"hey charlie what's up?" she grins from behind the boards.

"you have to pretend you're a coach or we forfeit the game"

"where's coach bombay?"

"pretend or we're out of the tournament"

"but i don't know anything about coaching"

i look over to see the ref skating up to us as we talk to our tutor, charlie gulps at the man's expression before pointing at miss mckay.

"here she is, our coach, coach mckay"

"what are you waiting for, the ice to freeze? let's play!" she yells, the team cheering as we begin the game.

'face off at centre ice, germany wins the draw, comes across the usa blue line, germany on the right wing side down to big klaus stabias, he shoots! save by goldberg, great save from goldberg! as germany is really throwing their weight around'

"oh! we look tired" miss mckay sighs, wincing at the game in front of us, "we need to uh.. trade places!"

"what?" charlie questions, his face scrunching up in confusion as he turns to averman and me.

"new players!"

"oh, say change it up!" charlie tells the woman to which she speaks the words only loud enough for us to hear.

"scream it!" i say in unison with charlie, the two us encouraging the lady before she screams her lungs out repeating the words.

i get out onto the ice and huddle with the boys in centre as we work out a game plan, that was until gordon showed up blowing the duck whistle.

"look who finally shows up" fulton scoffs.

"cmon guys just ignore him, averman, take the face off" jesse says, everyone getting in position.

"what do we got to loose?" guy shrugs, looking at us as we huddle again.

"respect, he'll dump us the minute it's all over" fulton argues, face scrunched up as he spoke.

"come on in, let's go, come on!" bombay yells, leaning over and kissing our tutor on the cheek, charlie skates over first so does guy.

i look over at fulton then back at the team and coach, sighing as i skate over with everyone else, hopefully fulton was wrong.