CHAPTER NINE

the whole team was now tied up together with rope, coach bombay thought it'd be great bonding experience.

"this is more crowded than a truck load of goats" dwayne complains, shuffling around as i feel something on my ass.

"if you touch my ass one more time" i warn whoever it was.

"yeah, somebody better watch their hands" julie says, joining me with it.

"yeah, someone licked me" averman whines in disgust, a certain smell filling my senses.

"oh, i smell something, ew" the whole team calls out the same name, "goldberg!"

"it wasn't me!" goldberg says looking to the floor sighing.

"no, it was me!" dean says lifting up his arms in triumph.

"i don't know how to make this any clearer, you are a team, and to win this thing, you have to work as one, now as one, skate"

i begin to move but it appears everyone went their own direction so we all fell onto our right, i fall on top of someone and grunt.

"y/n" adam whines, trying to push me off.

"hey, banksie" i smirk, looking down at the boy.

"get a room!" averman yells, i roll my eyes and try to get up.

"everyone goes their own way, everyone falls down, now get up and try it again" bombay tells us.

"alright. all of you move to your right, now!" dean orders, some people shuffling to their right.

"who made you boss? everyone to the left!" fulton argues and this time i fall to my left, i feel something heavy land on me and look to see adam.

"i'm getting serious deja vu" adam says, his stupid boyish smirk showing, i shove his face away and listen to the coach.

"you guys can argue all you want but i am not untying you until you move as one"  bombay sighs.

we all begin moving together successfully, we were officially moving together as one, just like coach said.

"now you're learning, communication! that's it!" coach claps, "good together, move! charge! alright! right, turn right!"

coach eventually untied us and i sat on the ice beside adam who was smiling at me slightly, i look back at him and smile too.

"you guys are starting to look like hockey players, i'm proud of you team, you worked hard today but hockey should also be fun.. rancher dwayne"

"yes sir!" dwayne exclaims, looking at the man.

"round me up some stray cattle there" coach says, putting on his southern accent, i then immediately get up along with the rest of the team.

dwayne gets averman first and then charlie, then julie but guy just managed to go under dwayne's arm avoiding him.

i see dwayne trying to get me and skate behind adam who gets roped instead of me, he turns to me with a smirk shaking his head.

"you owe me, y/n" adam calls as i skate away.

"do i though?" i respond to the boy, pretending to think as i tap my chin.

we all then begin dancing in a line, following dwayne's movements as we rock about, i smile as adam brings me in before spinning me around, pulling me into his chest as we rock side to side laughing.

the next morning, we were all sat in a little room, i sat on a chair whilst adam sat on the table beside me, the two of us watching as tibbles removes a cloth revealing us on a wheaties box.