CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

the smell of books fill my nostrils as i trail my fingertips along the spines of the hard covered books in the library, the smell was quite old yet refreshing.

my eyes roughly scan over every title, i wasn't sure what i was looking for but i assume i was just waiting for something to just pop out at me.

i decided to wear my hair loosely down as i wore a black longsleeved top, a black and white plaid dress that rested above my knees and boots with a heel, this outfit being one of my favourites.

i wore all my earrings in today and the combo went quite nicely with my outfit, i hardly had any make up on today as today i felt lazy.

i notice a familiar book and my face lights up, alice in wonderland sat right in front of me and i quickly grab the book and place my bag on the floor, sitting down as i open the book.

i had a free period so i decided to try entertain myself to help the time pass by, english would be my next lesson which i don't particularly mind.

i reach into my bag and put on my headphones, my girl by the temptations playing causing a small smile to spread onto my face.

a few pages in i notice someone pause in their tracks in front of me, i notice adam looking at me with a small smile on his face.

i pull my headphones down around my neck and look up at the boy, patting the spot next to me which he gladly took.

"i see you got a free period too?" adam began, taking my headphones from around my neck to place it around his own.

"yup, thought i'd come here to pass the time, i dont even know how i found it to be honest, this place is huge"

"tell me about it, i was just letting my feet take me wherever then i saw you through the library window"

"sweet of you to pop by"

"i know, i know"

"adam, what class do you have next?" i ask the boy, turning over a page of my book as i heard the quiet tune of baby love by the supremes on my headphones.

"i'm literally in your class, y/n/n" adam replies, laughing at me slightly as he grabbed a random book.

"really? i haven't checked my timetable with you yet how do you know?"

"i checked a while back" the boy shrugs, reading the book in his hands, relaxing against the book shelf slightly.

"of course you did, if we don't have a seating plan-"

"i'll sit next to you, you don't have to ask" adam smirks, running his hand through his hair as he reads the lines of romeo and juliet apparently.

"i wasn't going to" i mumble, readjusting my position on the floor as the shelf dug into my back.

"sure, sure"

adam and i side glance each other and grin, sharing a laugh, the two of us sitting in a comfortable silence as songs were briefly being played on my headphones, which were still placed loosely around adam's neck.

the bell rings and i roll my eyes placing the book back into its original position, even if i had read it a million times i never get bored of it.

adam offers his hand out to me and i gladly accept, both of us aimlessly walking around pointing at corners trying to figure out where the english classes would be, that was until he dragged me into a classroom.