CHAPTER EIGHT

i was currently at work in the diner, it was summer and casey offered me a job at her work, which i gladly accepted.

i glance at the time as i wipe down the tables, my shift ends in five minutes, i begin to write in my hours and hang up my apron, saying a small goodbye to the staff for the day.

i put on my rollerblades and skate to my house to shower and quickly change, i put on a pair of denim shorts and a spaghetti strap top that was tucked into my shorts.

i glance down at my neck in the mirror and reach for a necklace adam got me last year for my birthday, i smile at the thought as i put it on.

it was a small silver dragon fly that hung at the end of my chain, once i put in my earrings and checked myself out i made my way outside.

i put my rollerblades back on and skate over to adam's house to see him playing hockey all by himself, commenting on his moves.

"playing by yourself, banksie?" i smirk, peeking out from behind the bushes.

"hey y/n/n" adam smiles, throwing me a stick, "how was work?"

"it was alright, although i was roasting in my uniform, it's so hot out today" i complain taking the puck from the boy.

"tell me about it, but i'm enjoying the sun, it's better than rain" adam shrugs, skating side to side before making a dive for the puck.

i dodge the boy quickly and turn around with a smug look on my face, adam then brings his stick towards the puck only to get it behind my rollerblades, i end up loosing my balance and fall.

adam manages to catch me mid fall and i wrap my arms around him, my heart pounding.

"what would you do without me" he smirks looking down at me causing me to roll my eyes.

"my hero" i sarcastically reply, his smirk turning into a grin as he looks at me, he begins to lean in slightly and i copy his actions before the duck call fills our ears.

adam drops me and stands up leaving me to fall to the floor with a thud.

"hey, cake eaters, you wanna play some real hockey?" jesse grins as the rest of the ducks cheer.

"yeah!" adam replies, his voice cracking mid way.

"nice voice crack, moron" i grumble as i pull myself up, the boy giving me a slight glare.

"see you guys almost kissed" connie smirks, linking arms with me as we skate, "don't worry, they interrupted me and guy too"

"guys, it's an international competition, it's us against the world!" adam exclaims, his hands in the air.

"hey man, bring em on we're ready" goldberg cheers, before getting tapped on the shoulder by jesse, goldberg then rolls down the hill and jesse puts his lips in a straight line.

goldberg eventually joins us again and we skate down the path, as then see mcgill and larson along with another hawk tied up to a tree, shirtless with their trousers down, we all cheer.

"ducks, ducks, ducks, ducks!" we all chant as we approach bombay, all of us quieting down as he begins to talk.

"welcome back ducks! i really missed you guys, are you ready to fly?" bombay asks and we all cheer before a horn honks.

"hey guys, i'm don tibbles, hendrix hockey apparel, we're your official sponsors, anybody want a card?" mr tibbles smiles and we all rush over to grab one.

we all make our way to the ice rink, ready to meet our new teammates, i look to see five new kids, four of them being boys and one being a girl, connie and i beam in delight.