IX: COMMS ROOM

On the other side of the elevator were a pair of Russians, transporting boxes. They used the keycard to open the door. The group, luckily, had made their one on top of the elevator, managing to avoid being caught. Claudia heard the two men speaking, but didn't know what they were saying. Robin, on the other hand, couldn't hide the smirk on her face.

The two finally went away, and the door began to close. Steve put the jar of green liquid under the door to stop it from closing, and everyone very swiftly made their way underneath it and out of the elevator. Steve had narrowly made it out, the the jar cracked, burning a hole in the floor.

"You still wanna drink that?" Robin asked Erica.

"I say we let her," Claudia said.

"Holy mother of God," Dustin said, turning around to see a long hallway.

"Well," Steve said, "Hope you guys are in good shape. Looking at you, roast beef." He smacked Dustin's chest as he began to walk away. "Let's go, come on."

"Why me?" Dustin asked, as the remaining four began to follow Steve.

"I mean, you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive," Dustin said

"What are you talking about?" Steve asked "It's a total fire hazard. There's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell."

"They're Commies," Erica said, "You don't pay people, they cut corners."

"To be fair to our Russian comrades, I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking," Robin said, "I mean, think about it, they developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo."

"It all comes into the mall like any old delivery," Dustin said.

"And then they load it up onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser."

"You think they built this whole mall just so they could transport that green poison?" Steve asked:

"I very seriously doubt it's something as boring as poison," Dustin said, "It's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something."

"What the fuck is that?" Claudia asked.

"It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components," Robin told her. Claudia was still confused.

"Who the fuck is that?"

"You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill," Erica said.

"No, no, no. No. Don't lump me and Claudia in with them. We're not nerds, alright?" Steve said.

"Why so sensitive, you two? Afraid of losing cool points to a ten-year-old child?" Robin asked.

"Hey, I didn't ask him to defend me," Claudia said.