XXXVIII: END OF PART TWO

Claudia's eyes began to close. "There's bandages!" Steve finally said, "In the backpack, Robin, there's bandages!"

Robin through the backpack off of her back and onto the ground, rummaging in the for the bandages. It was obvious she didn't know what she was doing, so Nancy came over and wrapped the bandage around Claudia's waist. Her eyes had shut, and everyone worried for a second until she woke up. Robin hugged her as tight as she could without hurting her, leaving kisses all over her face.

She was still weak, but managed to stand up with the help of everyone. She still couldn't walk properly, and needed to lean on Robin and Steve's shoulders.

Their moment was broken by the chiming of the clock. "Four chimes," Robin said.

"Max," Nancy said.

Another one of the earthquakes started. This time, it wasn't like the others. It wasn't quick. It lasted long, too long for it to be normal. "I think that Vecna's plan might have worked," Claudia said.

 "I think that Vecna's plan might have worked," Claudia said

A 7.4 magnitude earthquake. That's what it was that hit Hawkins. Of course, it was more than just that. Two days later, the death count was twenty two people, but it was inevitably gonna grow.

Claudia was almost one of those people. Once they'd gotten out of the Upside Down, she collapsed again, not waking up this time. She got off easily, though.

She was sent to the hospital, and was allowed out a few hours later. They'd usually make her stay a while, but they needed the space. She had to walk on crutches. She found it weird how a wound on her stomach affected her leg so badly to the point it was practically paralysed. She could barley bend it, and definitely couldn't walk. Her right leg was fine, a little achey, but her left leg was fucked.

The ground had opened up, split into four different sections. Smoke came out of the ground as Claudia looked on sadly at her once safe home. If there was one thing she was grateful for, it was the fact that her mother was currently on a business trip, in a completely different country. She probably didn't even know about the earthquake, which happened to strike their house.

She was lucky to be away. Claudia didn't know what she'd do if her mom died, especially due to something from the Upside Down. So, for now, unable to get a hold of her mom, Claudia was hoping between Robin and Steve's houses.

Eddie was still considered missing, but of course Claudia knew better. He'd died. He was distracting the bats from them, and died in the process. The boy who Claudia had never liked had actually became her hero. When they first met, he was threatening their life, yet he eventually saved it.

Now, they stood outside the Wheeler house, helping Nancy pack stuff up to donate. "Someone order a pizza?" Mrs Wheeler asked.

"Pizza?" Dustin said. A horn blared, pulling into the driveway, and a van with the logo of Surfer Boy Pizza pulled up.

Out of the van came Mike, Will, El, Jonothan, and some other random guy. "Who's the stoner?" Claudia asked, "Do we know him?" Everyone shook their heads.

They ran to each other. Will looked over at Robin and Claudia, who were holding hands. Was it risky in front of Mrs Wheeler? Probably. But she was nice, and also believed that the two were just really close friends.

Will shot Claudia a looked, a confused one, and she smiled. She knew. 'They're okay with it,' she mouthed. Will pretended to be confused, but he knew what she meant, and he smiled when he knew she wasn't looking at him.

 Will pretended to be confused, but he knew what she meant, and he smiled when he knew she wasn't looking at him

They'd decided to go and help out at the donation centre, where Robin and Claudia made sandwiches. Vickie was there, too, and Claudia was definitely feeling threatened. She stood on the end, Robin in the middle, watching Vickie rant about her boyfriend.

"Hey, I think I'm gonna go help sort out the clothes with Steve," Claudia said. Robin grabbed her hand, stopping her from going. "What are you doing?"

"Why would you wanna sort clothes with him?"

"I just, like, wanna spend quality time with Steve."

"Is he your boyfriend?" Vickie asked.

"No," Robin said quickly.

Claudia began to walk away again, and this time Vickie was the one to chase after her. "Hey, are you alright?" Vickie asked. "I know you and Robin are really close friends, and I wouldn't want you to think I'm trying to, like, steal her or something."

"I don't think you're trying to steal her, Vickie. I mean, you don't even have to try. You're so pretty, and you're really funny, and you and Robin are just so alike and-"

"And she's your girlfriend."

"No, ew. I'm not- I don't-"

"She let it slip at the pep rally. I just asked you that Steve question as like, a test, to see if I was right."

"She didn't let anything slip. Im not into girls, that's gross."

"Claudia, you know not everyone's out to get you just because you're gay, you know? Not everyone's bad. I just want you to know I'm not after Robin. She's all yours."

Claudia frowned. It wasn't everyday you come out to a random person. Although she didn't really come out, it was more like she was pulled out.

They went back to Robin, making more sandwiches. Claudia looked up to see something falling from the sky. "Why the hell is it snowing?" She said. Robin and Vickie looked up, too.

They walked towards the window. It was such a stranger phenomenon. Snow in spring. Unfortunately, that wasn't the last strange thing to happen to Hawkins. Stranger things were get to come.

END OF PART TWO