XVI: END OF PART ONE

Robin and Claudia sat in the back of the car. They made it to the mall, and the drama had already started in the parking lot. Billy was in his car, headed straight for Nancy, who was unsuccessfully shooting at him.

Steve sped up, slamming right into Billy. "Holy shit!" Claudia screamed, placing a hand on her chest to make sure her heart was still beating.

"You two okay?" Steve asked.

"Ask me tomorrow?" Robin answered. Claudia said nothing, she was too busy trying to catch her breath. They looked up at the roof, where the creature stood snarling. "Holy shit," Robin said.

Nancy beeped her horn. "Get in!" She said. They wasted no time getting into the other car, watching as the creature chased after them.

"Dusty-bun, you copy?" A voice sounded through the walkie

"I copy, Suzie-poo," Dustin said, "It sounds much better now, thanks."

"Suzie," Robin, Claudia and Steve said.

"Okay, so, listen, do you know Planck's constant?"

"Do you know the Earth orbits the sun?"

"Okay, so I know it starts with two sixes, and then a... W-What is it?"

"Okay, let me just be clear on this. I haven't heard from you in a week and now you want a mathematical equation that you should know, so you can save the world?"

"Suzie-poo, I promise I will make it up to you as soon as possible."

"You can make it up to me know."

"What?"

"I want to hear it."

"Not right now."

"Yes, now, Dusty-bun."

"Suzie-poo, this is urgent."

"Yes, yes, you're saving the world, I heard you the first time, but Ged is also saving Earthsea and he's about to confront he shadow, so this is Suzie, signing off."

"Wait, wait, wait! Okay, okay. Okay."

There was a moment of silence, before Dustin's voice again sounded through the walking, singing the them tune for the Neverending Story. "Okay, favourite film is ruined," Claudia complained.

When the song was over, Suzie finally gave Dustin what he needed. "Planck's constant is 6.62607004."

"You just saved the world."