XIV: REUNITED

They left the restroom, to see everyone exiting the movie theatre. The perfect opportunity. "And... blend," Dustin said, and they all ran into the crowd.

"Well, shit, that worked," Erica said.

"Of course it worked. We just have to get on the bus with the rest of these plebes and home sweet home, here we come."

"Uh, Dustin?" Steve said.

"What?"

"Yeah, we might not wanna go to your house."

"Why?"

"Well, I might've told them your full name."

"What is wrong with you?"

"Dude, I was drugged!"

"So?"

"So?"

"So, you resist. You tough it out. You tough it out like a man."

"Oh yeah, it's easy for you to say."

"Guys..." Robin said, grabbing onto Claudia's hand. They all looked up to see a man dressed in similar clothes as the Russians, talking to a girl.

"Abort," Dustin said. The man turned it head to look at the group. "Abort, abort."

They ran, Claudia and Robin doing their best to keep hold of each other. They came to the escalators, sliding down the middle part.

They hid. There were three Russians pacing the mall, searching for them. The hope that Claudia previously had of escaping was gone. As she tried her best to control her breathing, Robin rested her hand on her knee reassuringly.

Someone moved, making a squeak sound from her hiding spot. The man said something into his radio in Russian. They couldn't tell what he was saying, but he was close enough to them for them to know he'd caught them.

When they got closer, the alarm of the car in the mall went off. Claudia winced, but let out a sigh of relief. It was as if God was on her side. Or, perhaps, there was another force acting on it. The five jumped as the car flew, crashing into the men.

They peaked over the counter, seeing the Russians knocked out, the car on the other side of the room, and a girl with a bloody nose stood on the balcony, surrounded by her friends, all of which Claudia recognised as frequents from the ice cream shop.

"You flung that thing like a Hot Wheel!" Dustin said, hugging the girl.

"Lucas?!" Erica said, running to here brother.

"What are you doing here?" Lucas asked.

"Ask them! It's their fault."

"True, yeah," Steve said, "Totally true. It's absolutely our fault."

"I don't understand what happened to that car," Robin said.

"Yeah, me neither," Claudia agreed.

"El had superpowers," Dustin informed them.

"I'm sorry?"

"Superpowers. She threw it with her mind," Steve said, "Cmon, catch up."

"That's El?" Erica asked.

"Who's El?" Robin and Claudia asked in sync.

"I'm sorry, who are you guys?" Nancy asked.

"I'm Robin, this is Claudia, we work with Steve."

"Nancy, do you not remember me?"

"Oh! Sorry, you look a little different from when I last saw you."

"Robin cracked the top secret code," Dustin said.