08 | The last chance

~ Day seven ~
________________

Bani couldn't believe that she actually-practically woke up beside Veer while he was adoring her with the smile. This can officially be declared as the best day so far.

Her sleep was disturbed when she felt the moment on her cheek and as she opened her eyes adjusting to the light she saw him smiling at her.

"Good morning Sweetheart" he wished. Instead of making her smile that brought a frawn on her face. This name was now started to irritate her.

"What?" He asked seeing her sulk expression.

She came out of his hold and sat, tieing her hair into the bun. "I told you not to call me that. I hate it. Now. I hate it."

Before she walked out he pulled her back to him and she landed on his chest and her undone bun cascaded down teasing his cheeks.

"I'll share a secret now," he said and she lifted her chin asking for the same with that frawn not leaving her face.

He smiled and started. " That day- I mean night, that girl. Whatever her name was, when I got close to her. I felt like I know her. And unknown to me I just said sweetheart, like it just came out. And may be she thought it was endearment for her. But all I saw was you there Bani. I was intoxicated and felt yes may be I'm just imagining it. But I still see you that night with me. I didn't call anybody that. And when I had barged into her wedding without the warning I just didn't feel that she was the one that I actually slep with. I didn't feel that she was the one that I made out. That night. It's so confusing."

"But you did call her Sweetheart when you were convincing her," she pointed out with the pout.

"Exactly. Then I felt like calling her that. But the moment I saw her again in that wedding place. I didn't. I just couldn't," he paused and raised his brows. "How do you know that I had been there to convince her?"

Bani tore her gaze immediately and her brain working rapidly to come up with the valid reason she could say him and make him belive that whatever she said.

"Uh....she..she had told me. Yeah. She said me."

"When?"

"Why do you want? You wanna sleep with her again? I'll kill you if you do so. Anyway whatever I don't matter to you right. So go. Do as you wish." She had goofed up. And this made him suspicious. Well that, but listening to his confession about that night made her smile. Of course it was her that night with him. She smiled.

Letting him be in that confusions she walked to the washroom.

She reached the washroom and latched it. Soon she felt the heating sensations on her body. It was the new moon next day and she had to change the outer skin by tonight. Plus it was the last day for her to hope that he remembers her.

But now that actually didn't matter. Weather he remembers her or their old relationship, he was growing close to her. They shared their room. Their bed. She woke up beside him this morning. May be they could start their love story with a new twist. She smiled at her thought. This was really a good start for the day. She hoped he remembered her. But even if it doesn't work that way. She was ok to start from the scarch.

At the same moment she felt a knot in her stomach. Her baby. Their baby. She needs to disclose this news to him. And this soon, may be he wouldn't accept. And with some days she would be showing up her belly. And for now she didn't know weather she'll bear the child for nine months as in human form or for three months as a serpent.

This at least needs to be solved soon.

***

The day went busy in the wedding preparations. They had a small Puja ceremony at the singhanias as it was the first wedding with actual rituals. And no drama so far.