09 | The Upshot

Bani had walked all the way to the Naagmandir which took her almost four to five hours to reach there.  She sat at the feet of the shrine, lord Shiva. She had hurt in her eyes but her voice, it was as if her vocal chords were dead. She wanted to scream, shout and complain for what she was facing now. But she was not that strong to even point it out.  She kept on looking at the idol with tears and complaints. Her cheeks were wet with the continuous flow of her tears.

She was weak. She fell on the feet of the idol with her right hand straight stretched and her right ear placed on her arms. Her eyes finally closed, yet with flowing tears.

She didn't know when she reached here and when did her eyes got tiered and closed on their own.

***

It was an early morning when the smooth baby rays of sun hit Veer's eyes and he stirred a little and covered his eyes with the pillow to get his five-minutes-more sleep. And stirred again to lay on his stomach and he smiled reimmensing his Last night. But within milliseconds his expressions changed into anger. He kicked off the cover away and got up, he cought his head in his hands. Trying to remember the last night he saw number of campaign bottles lay near his bed. He had drunk hard last night.

But for now he wanted to talk with Bani before she misunderstands him. He walked to the tiny washroom present there. He walked back to the room and tried calling his Sweetheart. She didn't receive.

Was she angry? Of course she was.

He dressed himself and looked presentable.

He took his keys and drove to his mansion. He walked straight to his room to find the room empty.

She was definitely angry. Why would she not be there in her room this early in the morning.

While he was searching her around his home he walked into Tapish who was set to head to the office.

"What happened Veer? You look...... distrubed!" Concern in his voice.

He looked into the kitchen trying to get a glimpse of her, "I'm searching for Bani, Bhai, I just want to talk to her as soon as possible,"

"Did you hurt her again? I just can't believe you Veer. Why don't you use your brain for once. No wonder she's not back home." He left a disappointed breath."she was with you last night. Ask Meera once, may be she'll be there," his words did have meaning.

Of course Bani would be at her place if not here. He took then headed towards the Sharma house.

***

"What do you mean by 'she's not there at your place' Veer?" She asked worried.

"Exactly Meera. I thought she might be here. And with last night things I now know she's angry. Very angry. Please I request you, if you know let me know," he requested.

"I shouldn't have trusted you Veer. I shouldn't have," Meera's eyes teared up.

She should have not let Bani follow him the day before. She should have kept her and not allow her to gi back to Mansion.

"Meera your not helping," he pointed.

She shot a look towards him, " I really don't know Veer," she grabbed her phone to call Bani.