Chapter 1

"You got to be kidding me."

"Wait, babe, this isn't what it looks like."

"Isn't it?" I laughed. "You just randomly fell naked on top of my best friend, and your dick got inside her?"

"Not yet" she murmured.

"Oh, shut the fuck up, you bitch."

"Hey, no need to be rude, babe."

"No need to be rude? No need to... I just caught my fiancé fucking my best friend! I am allowed to be rude, angry and whatever the hell I want!" I said, storming out of the room.

"Babe, wait. Listen, I can explain" he said, following me.

"There is nothing to be explained. We are done. Forever" I said, throwing my engagement ring at him.

"But babe..."

That was the last thing I heard from him. My boyfriend for the past five years, and fiancé for a year and a half. He had been cheating on me with my best friend, the one I had known since we were six, for months. While I was planning our wedding, they were meeting in secret. And I didn't notice. I didn't see what they were doing in front of me.

I felt betrayed, like I was the biggest idiot in the world. And my heart had been broken on so many pieces, that I thought I would never recover from it.

I needed to start again, put everything that had happened behind me, forget about it. And I got the solution for my problem just a couple of months after that horrible day.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Are you planning on laying there just watching tv? Again?"

"That's the plan, yes."

"Why don't we go outside for a walk? Maybe do some shopping? They have the new collections out, maybe you'll find something that you'll like."

"I'm not in the mood for shopping, mum. Besides, I'm not going anywhere, I don't need new clothes."

"But I do. C'mon" she says, trying to make me move from the sofa.

"I said I don't..." But I'm not able to finish my sentence, someone ringing at the door.

"Saved by the bell" mum says, going to check who it is.

"Who was it?"

"A messenger" she says, inspecting the envelope on her hands. "This looks official."

"Then open it" I urge her.

"Ok" she says.

"And? What is it, mum?" I ask. She's been in silence for a while, reading the papers and making weird faces.

"Your father died" she finally says.

"You mean the man that got you pregnant and then ignore you."

"Yes. Him. He died a few weeks ago, cancer. And he..."

"He what?"

"He left something for you on his will" my mum says, looking at me.

"What? I barely knew the man!" In fact, I had only met him once. When I was 16 and contacted him because I wanted to know how he looked like. My mum hadn't kept photos of him or anything, it was too painful for her.

"But you still were his only daughter and heir."

"I guess, yes. What did he leave me?"

"Everything."

"Everything?"

"His house, his car, his money, his cat... And the business."

"You mean... The bed and breakfast?" He had opened it years ago on his hometown, and according to Google, it was one of the best business in the area. Even the Queen had stopped once there when she was doing some tour.