Chapter 8

"That's crooked."

"Holy mother of God" I say, almost falling from the chair where I was standing. "Who are you?"

"Lindsey, Angela's daughter. I think she told you I was coming?"

"Yes, yes. She did. But you could have knocked on the door or something. I could have fallen, you know?"

"But you didn't" she shrugs.

"Does the curtain look good now?" I say, putting it back in place.

"Yep, perfect."

"Great" I say, getting down from the chair. "So, Mrs. Smart told me that you used to help my father during the summer, right?"

"Yes, mainly making breakfast. People loved my eggs benedict."

"I'm not a big fan of eggs myself, but I'll believe you. I found some old menus, so maybe we can check them?"

"Alright" she says, following me into the office.

"Hello, there."

"Oh my God, Mason" I say, jumping again. Can people in this town please stop scaring me? "What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you of course" he says with a big smile, his dimple showing in all its glory. He is sitting at my desk, resting his legs on top of it.

"I'm busy right now, so if you don't mind" I say, moving them from the table.

"I do mind" he says, grabbing me by the waist and making me sit on this lap.

"Hello, Mason" Lindsey says from the door.

"Why didn't you tell me that we had company?"

"Because you didn't let me" I say, trying to get free of his grip.

"Hello, Lindsey. Still trying to become a chef?"

"Yep. And you are still trying to get between the legs of every woman on this town, aren't you?" she says.

"Actually..."

"Ok, that's enough" I say, finally free. "We have work to do, so get out of here."

"So rude" he says, getting up from the chair. "Will you come over tonight? It's the semi-finals, the pub is gonna be packed with people, and I'll probably need a hand."

"Around your dick?" Lindsey says with a wicked smile.

"That comes later" Mason replies.

"Shut up! Both of you!" I say, my face burning.

"I'll see you tonight" he whispers in my ear before leaving.

"Didn't my mum warn you about him and his heart breaker's fame?"

"She did" I say, looking for the menus.

"And you are still getting yourself involved with him? Why?"

"It's complicated."

"I disagree. It actually is very easy. He is hot, knows what he does, and you fell for it. It will get complicated when he leaves you for the next girl he sees and that he hasn't slept with yet."

"There is nothing serious, we are just friends."

"With benefits."

"Exactly. Now can we please focus on the menus?"

"Yeah, sure" Lindsey says. "But you know, he probably is seeing other girls, so you should do the same. See other guys."

"Yeah" I say, feeling my face burning. Again.

Bluebellजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें