Chapter 16

"Lindsey, I need to ask you a favour."

"What type of favour?" she asks, focused on what she is cooking.

"I need you to take over Daisy's for a couple of days."

"Why? Where are you going?"

"Rúben is going into the city because tomorrow he has the shoot for his campaign, and he asked me to go with him."

"Oh, the campaign. I still can't believe that your uncle is his opponent."

"Same. I wonder where he found the money."

"Maybe Victoria found herself a sugar daddy. I saw her with a new purse the other day."

"Lindsey!"

"What?" she shrugs. "Anyway, this trip with Rúben... Is it like a date?"

"Something like that. He wants me to show him some of my favourite places in the city. Show him my territory."

"I see... And when are you leaving?"

"Later today, and until tomorrow night if nothing happens."

"Like you ending naked on his bed?" Lindsey says with a smirk.

"That won't happen, he's reserved individual rooms."

"And?"

"And that means that he knows nothing is happening. So, will you take care of Daisy's or not?"

"I will, but" she says, threatening me with the spoon on her hand. "You have to promise me that you won't have sex with him, and that I'll have two extra free days next month."

"Done" I say, giving her a hug. "You are the best."

"Oh, I know. Now go pack. But no sexy underwear."

"No sexy underwear."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"That restaurant was amazing. From the plates to the chairs and the paintings on the walls, and, of course, the food" Rúben says, putting an arm around my shoulders and pulling me closer to him.

"I knew you'll like it" I say, grabbing him by the waist.

"And it isn't super expensive either. Definitely a little gem."

"Indeed."

"Now what? Where are we going?"

"There is a bar not far from here that makes really good cocktails. My friends and I used to go at the end of each month to celebrate it was finally over."

"Sounds good. But I hope you are not trying to get me drunk so I'll sneak into your room."

"Me? Getting the Mayor drunk? Never" I laugh.

"I love your laugh" he says, stopping in the middle of the sidewalk.

"My laugh? It is too loud, everyone always complains" I say, hugging him with both arms.

"They complain because they know nothing."

"Like Jon Snow" I laugh again.

"Exactly" he says, cupping my face with his hands and kissing me.

"Get a room!" someone says behind us, making both of us laugh.

"Your laugh is way better than mine, I've thought it since the day we met. It is music to my ears" I say. I know I'm grinning like an idiot, but I just can't help myself.

"I think no one had complimented my laugh before."

"Because they know nothing."

"Jon Snow" Rúben says, laughing again before kissing me.