Chapter 11

"Can I come in?" Lindsey says after knocking on my office's door.

"Yes, of course. Did the French couple already leave?"

"Yep. They were super happy, said that they will give us five stars."

"Great. What are you hiding there?"

"Just... A bottle of champagne!" she says, putting it on the table, a big grin on her face.

"What are we celebrating?"

"That this summer has been one of the best this business has ever seen" she says, struggling to open it.

"It has been a really good summer, yes." At least when it comes to Daisy's, because on my personal life...

The days after the reopening were the worst, and if it hadn't been because of my mum, Lindsey and Mrs. Smart, I would probably still be lying on my bed, feeling sorry for myself like happened when I found out about my ex cheating on me.

Mason decided to completely avoid me, which means that I haven't seen him in almost three months. Ben and Declan obviously supported him, he is their best friend. And even though we've shared some texts to check how we were doing, I haven't seen them either.

Victoria went completely crazy, telling people horrible things about me and Rúben, but especially about me. Things that weren't true, of course. Most people didn't believe her, but I've noticed how some women give me weird looks. She also tried to sabotage Daisy's, writing bad reviews online, but people didn't seem to care. One Italian woman even said to me: "two men at the same time? Good for you."

And Rúben... When I told him I had been seeing Mason while also being with him, he didn't seem to care. Now that everyone knew about us, he wanted us to properly date, to make it official. But I didn't, I wasn't ready for it. At first he didn't mind, he understood my reasons. Then we started to see each other less and less because I was either busy or too tired, and now it's been a month since the last time we were together.

"Stop thinking about men" Lindsey says, finally opening the bottle. "They are not worth it."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Let's make a toast. To being single and not wanting to mingle. To loving ourselves. Because we, come first."

"To us" I say, raising my glass.

"To us" Lindsey repeats.

"I'm going to miss you, you know?"

"It'll be just six months. Then once I've finally finished my studies, I'll come back here to make sure you don't do anything stupid. Like opening your legs for those two again."

"Lindsey!" I laugh. "But don't worry. It won't happen."

"Meow!"

"Dixie doesn't seem to agree."

"He is going to be the only man in my life for a long time. I promise" I say, petting his head and making him purr.

"Cheers to that" Lindsey says, refilling my glass.

"Are you planning on getting me drunk on your last day here?"

"Just slightly tipsy. Enough to make you sing Taylor Swift."

"That will never happen. Like ever."

"You almost quoted one of her songs, it's working!"

"Love you, Lindsey" I say, sticking out my tongue.

"Love you too, boss."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"But do I really have to go? What if a new guest comes and there is no one here to welcome them?"