Chapter 10

"So, how did it go? Did they tell you why they hate each other?" Lindsey asks me while we clean around the dining room.

"They did."

"And?"

"They both have their reasons to not like the other."

"Which are?"

"Mason says Rúben injured him on purpose and ruined his career. Rúben says that Mason also ruined his career by spreading rumours about him. But I don't quite believe that."

"Why not?"

"He said that scouts had been keeping an eye on him for a while already, that they liked him. I don't see them suddenly changing their mind about him just because of what other players were saying. Especially if they knew where they played, and who was their teammate."

"I guess..."

"But then he is right about being mad with Mason for sleeping with his girlfriend when he was away at uni."

"Oh, Ana. I remember her. But they ended up getting back together, didn't they?"

"They did. To be honest," I say, sitting down on a chair "they both behaved like kids. And still are behaving like that."

"Men" Lindsey shrugs, sitting next to me. "What are you gonna do now?"

"I don't know" I say, letting out a big sigh. "Focus on the reopening, and then... We'll see."

"And close your legs while being focused on it?" she asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Shut up, Lindsey!" I say, throwing my cleaning cloth to her face.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Oh, mum, I'm so glad you could make it!" I say, hugging her.

"I would not miss this for anything in the world" she says, hugging me back.

"I left the drinks on the... hi" Mason says behind me.

"Hello there" my mum says. "Aren't you going to introduce us?"

"Mum, this is Mason. Mason, this is my mum" I quickly say, already wanting this moment to end.

"Nice to meet you, ma'am" Mason says with his most charming smile.

"Nice to meet you too" she says, also smiling.

"If you left the drinks in the kitchen, you can leave."

"You don't need anything else?" Mason asks.

"Nope. See you tomorrow?"

"I wouldn't miss it for anything in the world."

"That's what I said" my mum giggles. My mum. Giggling. What is going on?

"Goodbye, Mase."

"Ladies" he says, leaving us alone.

"Mase, uh?" my mum says, elbowing me in the ribs. "He is cute. And the one who helped you when you arrived, right?"

"Yes, that's him. Anyway, do you want me to show you around?"

"Of course I do!"

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"The whole town is here" Lindsey says while we look at all the guests that have come to the reopening of Daisy's.

"They had to check what the daughter did with the place. They couldn't miss it."

"This town and gossiping. And here comes the queen" she says, nodding towards her mum.

"Everyone is talking about how perfect everything looks. Congratulations, girls" Mrs. Smart says, hugging us both at the same time.