Chapter 14

"Chocolate?" Lindsey asks, walking into my office.

"Where did you find those?" I laugh, pointing at the chocolates with the shape of hearts.

"The Scottish couple bought them for us as a thank you. They said they are coming back next year."

"Good" I say, picking one.

"Have your love interests wished you a happy Valentine's Day?" shr says, sitting on the table.

"Nope."

"Not even a text?"

"Nothing. I guess they are busy" I shrug.

After our kisses at the party, I've barely seen Mason and Rúben. They both spent January away on holidays with their families, and once they came back, they've been busy with work. Mason with the pub, where he is having some renovation work, and Rúben with getting everything ready for the elections. Because despite the rumours, he wants to be re-elected. He wants to stay.

"Maybe they took way too seriously what you told them about Dixie being the only man in your life."

"Meow!"

"Others may come, but you will forever be my one" I say, petting him.

Knock, knock, knock.

"May I come in?" Mason says, opening the door.

"I'll leave you alone" Lindsey says with a wink. "Chocolate?"

"Thank you" he says, picking one.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him once Lindsey is gone.

"I wanted to give you this" he says, showing me the bouquet of flowers he was hiding behind his back.

"Oh, Mason, they are beautiful" I say, getting up from my chair and meeting him. The bouquet is a mix of red roses, white flowers, some green bits... And daisies.

"Happy Valentine's Day."

"Happy Valentine's Day" I reply, kissing his cheek.

"There is something else" he says, taking my hand. "I know you said you wanted to be alone, focus on Daisy's and take a break from dating... But I wanted to let you know that I'm not giving up on you. On us. I don't care if I have to wait for a month or a year. It all will be worth it if, at the end, I get to be with you."

"Mason, I... I..."

"You don't have to say anything now. I just wanted to let you know. And get ready, because when you least expect it, I'm taking you out on a date" he says with that smile of his I love so much.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Are the flowers growing heads or something?"

"Jesus Christ, Lindsey" I say, feeling my heart on my throat. "You could have knocked."

"I did. You just didn't hear me because you were thinking about Mason and his dimple."

"I wasn't... Ok, fine. I was thinking about him."

"And his flowers."

"And what he said."

"What did he say?" she asks, sitting down in front of me.

"He said that the isn't giving up on us, that he doesn't mind waiting because it will be worth it."

"Oh, wow. Mason Mount is in love. Thought I would never get to see that" she chuckles.

"He isn't in love."

"Isn't he? You were seeing him and the person he despises the most in this town at the same time. You hurt him when he found out. Badly. Yet here he is, bringing you flowers and telling you that he is willing to fight for you. That, to me, sounds like someone who is in love."

"Oh, great" I say, letting my head fall on the table.

"Having a hot guy in love with you sucks, I know. But there is no time to feel sorry for yourself, because you have another visit."

"Who?"

"Go to the kitchen and you'll find out."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Rúben? What are you doing here?"

"Happy Valentine's Day" he says, giving me the biggest bouquet of red roses I have ever seen.

"Are those... For me?"

"I like Lindsey, but not the way I like you" he says with a cheeky smile.

"Thank you, they are beautiful. Though I don't know where I'm going to put them."

"You can make smaller bouquets and put them here and there. That way you'll have a bit of me in every room."

"Cute" I say, smelling the roses.

"You are the cute one. Among many other good things" he says, coming closer and making me giggle. "And that's why I'm gonna fight for you. For us. Because I've never met a woman like you, and you are so worth fighting for."

"Rúben..."

"I know that you want to be alone and focus on other things. I get it and I respect it. But I also want to let you know that I'm gonna keep fighting. So get ready, because those roses are just the beginning."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Wait, wait, wait... Both of them declared their love your you?"

"Yep" I say, taking a sip from my beer.

"Wow" Lindsey says. "What a Valentine's Day, uh?"

"I know..."

"What are you going to do now. Date them both? Again?"

"I don't know... They said I could take all the time I needed, so I guess that's what I am going to do."

"And are you gonna tell them what the other is doing?"

"If I do, they'll turn this into a competition, see who can take me on the better and most romantic date. So no, I'm not saying anything."

"It may backfire."

"It's possible. But if I want to make up my mind, this is the only way to do it."

If I want to finally be able to pick one of them, this is how it must be. I don't want them showing off to impress me because they know the other is also doing something. It must be honest. They must show me how they truly feel so I can also find how I truly feel about them.

"Then let's make a toast. To you and hopefully finally finding your man" Lindsey says, lifting her beer.

"To me hopefully finding my man."