001

_______

5 years ago

I look different, hot. My hands skim across my thighs and twirl slightly in the mirror smirking at myself through the mirror. Oh god you're obsessed with yourself.

No, I just so happen to look this hot on my twentieth birthday. The dress I'm wearing is off the shoulder, long sleeved and a corset dress with my favorite part being the crystal trim along the neckline adding the slightest shine.

A knock sounds through my door. "Come in," the door pushes open, my mom and father standing at the doorway with a bouquet in my father's hand, a smile on his face and my mom holding something behind her back which I assume is my gift.

She wriggles her eyebrows and steps towards me embracing me in a hug, my moms always been big with birthdays even though she knows I don't like grand gestures so she just gets me a cute gift instead of surprise parties.

"Happy birthday darling," placing two kisses on each side of my cheek, her fragrance soothing through my nostrils.

Since I was little my mom always used the same perfume when I was younger I thought it was expensive milk trapped inside a bottle.

She pulls a dark velvet box wrapped with a silk white ribbon, tied into a bow from behind her. She smiles while handing it to me. I let a smile out for her and took the box unraveling the tie, letting it drop to the gray carpet covering my cold marble floors which always are a pleasant surprise to wake up to . Opening the box slowly, awe written across my face as the diamond necklace, the light of my crystal chandelier illuminates it and the earrings are still in the middle of the box.

My father walks up towards me and places the gigantic bouquet of pink roses on my modern vanity and I hand him the necklace. "This will look great on you sweetheart," he turns me around to face the mirror concentration written on his face as he clasps the necklace close. Examining myself in the mirror I smile at how great this matches with my outfit. "Thank you so much, I appreciate it," I walk up to my parents and wrap them in a hug.

Most people are shocked at how close me and my parents are but when they got into this business they always vowed to keep me close and that family comes before business but they also taught me that business is the only way that I can have what I want in life.

"Vincent and Tatum, they said you haven't picked up their calls, they'll be arriving in a few so you guys can go out! Antoine will be driving you guys. Don't have too much fun," she smirks and my dad playfully glares at her and gives me that dad look when she turns away. A chuckle escapes me.

"Okay time for you guys to go now," I hurriedly escorted them out of my room both of them shaking their heads as they exit, closing the double doors to my room shut I walk back over to the vanity and take the stud diamonds out of the box placing them in my third piercing. Perfect. Brushing my hair to the side I give it a little ruffle to fluff it up a bit.

My hair isn't flat but it has a bit of wave to it, the strawberry blonde tone of it from my mother. It's supposedly been passed down through many generations.

Going over to my phone which lays on my vanity I realize the reason I haven't received their calls, my phone is on silent mode, I was too busy getting ready. Turning it off a flood of 'happy birthday' messages come through many from my family, Vincent, Tatum and a few of my business associates along with old who will be attending. It's never a bad day for business.

T: DAHLIA GET YOUR ASS OUTSIDE NOW WE'VE BEEN IN THIS CAR FOR SOOOO LONG

Rolling my eyes I put my heels on. Tatum is so dramatic.

V: Dahlia, please help this girl might just rip my nut sacks off if you don't hurry up.

✰✰✰

"Pretty boy! Two rounds of your marvelicious birthday cake shots," Tatum smirks at the boy who laughs silently getting the shot glasses music pours around the club as people grind on each other the smell of alcohol and sweat fills the Hook.

The name of this club was the first thing that came to my mind and when I saw the venue and the VIP section I showed it to my mother to see her opinion. She practically almost spit her drink out and agreed but my moms always like this. My guests sit in the vip section while me, Tatum and Vincent, have fun with everyone else outside of VIP but I went in earlier to greet my guests, Vincent and Tatum flirted with the bottle girls almost the whole time.

"I have to use the restroom save some drinks for me Tatum," I joke while getting off the stool and pulling my dress down which was rising just a bit.

Walking towards the back through the reserved section I have to cut off a few people when they try to talk to me. I don't understand why I didn't use the bathroom before I exited. On my way to the back I bump into someone unfamiliar. "Hey," trying to get his attention he doesn't reply. "You, tall guy in the dark suit," he turns and looks at me, his eyes traveling from my heels up to my eyes, his plump lips twitching upward slightly.

"Can I help you love?" I almost choke on air. He carries a thick accent and his voice is deep. His eyebrow furrows while we stand in silence.

"Um, this section is reserved. I don't recall you being on the guest list," My jaw tightens a bit, the fact that security let some random through just because he's dressed. One of his hands goes into the pocket of his trousers and his hand skims across his chin in thought.

"Hm, that weird beloved didn't think I needed an invite to my own club," shock falters my hardened stare. The owner?

"Happy birthday love," his cobalt blue eyes lock into mine one last time before he slips past me and walk away and his figure is out of my sight the crowd of people around him.

Fuck.

AN:

Arf Arf. Yea I'm back to writing a little rusty but once I complete the book this will obviously be edited.

Just give me tips I would love to hear them mh!

Word Count: 1113