014

TW: mentions of rape, mental abuse, verbal abuse, physical abuse

2 months later

"I'm sorry," he squats down in front of me caressing my bruised face with the back of his palm. "Deacan-," he silences me. "It's okay, I forgive you. Grayson will come get you fixed soon."

I hadn't done anything. It's been 2 months and the same routine every time. I did something wrong? He'd send me here into a cold dark basement, beat me, have his way with me, then he'd say sorry.

Sometimes if I was lucky he wouldn't send his friends down here. They'd make my body feel dirty. Whisper things in my ear that would play in my mind for the rest of the week. But then he'd just call me a whore and told me I'd open my legs to anyone who'd asked.

The pain I always felt throughout my body when they'd finish says other wise. He would find ways to get angry at me through them. Says nobody will ever want to touch me. I mean who would.

Then he'd get Grayson, the doctor to come stitch me up, make me take birth control. At first I thought Grayson would be like him but when nobody was looking he'd sneak me something for my hunger and make conversation like he a normal patient. I knew he was just doing his job he always tells me about his daughter and I always teared up thinking of Aerylin. "You know, I have a surprise for you." He smiles his voice soft.

I look up at him. My green eyes duller, my skin was paler. I could feel my stomach scratching and my mind became numb over time.

I look through the basements tiny frosted glass window which was just above the grass. Every time I heard a rustling it gave me hope but that hope died down after the third week. "It's been months, princess. He isn't coming for you."

I bite my tongue and a deep breath leaves me. "I know." I whisper. "Hey," he softly grabs my chin a look of pity flashes across his eyes. "I'm here. Look, I may not be him but I'm here. If you had just cooperated you would be just fine." He could never compare to him.

He's right all I had to do was listen to him. I mean, maybe then I wouldn't have to deal with the bruises or anything else. "When Grayson gets you fixed." "Eli," he was one of the twins, "will get you upstairs and you'll wear what I put on your bed. You'll be beautiful again."

He places a kiss on my forehead, taking his leave.

A few moments later the door opens, Grayson holds his first aid kit, his white lab coat on and he pushes his glasses up. "How are you, Dahlia?" He flashes his pearly whites at me.

"Sore." I let out a small groan slowly getting up but he rushes to my aid. "It's okay I'll get you all fixed up," he moves with me and gets me seated up right before handing me two pills. I eye him suspiciously, "for the pain," he clarifies as I pop them into my mouth swallowing them dry.

He takes out a cloth and wets it with water pressing it on my face. The coldness soothes my skin and he brushes my hair back the compress moving to my neck where the cigar burns were still there but had felt painless now.

"You're awfully silent today." I point out, normally Grayson was talking my ear off to distract me. He looks around the room and outside to where Eli stood stationed. "I don't have much time Dahlia." He pulls out a pair of sharp scissors and hands them to me, along with a scalpel.

"What's this for?" He proceeds to hand me a note his hand shaking. 'I'm coming for you, mi reina.- A' it read I look up at Grayson my lip quivering. He puts a finger up to my mouth before I let a sob out.

"Listen, Dahlia if anything happens I don't want you to look back. Keep running. Here," he hands me a sheet of paper, "On here is my address, if anything happens to me I want to make sure my daughter is safe. You ask for Isabel Castillo, that's her nanny. Tell her that I sent you she already knows what to do. Emery needs to be protected and tell her that her father loves her more than she would ever know." His eyes turn red and mine sting as I nod.

"When this door opens on my cue start running, I don't care how much your legs burn, Dahlia, do it for yourself, my daughter and for him." I instantly wrap my arms around him and he freezes for a moment but then rubs circles on my back. "Everything will be fine. Just promise me you won't stop fighting." I look up at him with teared eyes.

"I promise." And when the time came. I was going to fight like hell.

A/N

Okay, woah! Time skip. I just didn't want to stretch this on too much but I kind of teared up idk why I just imagined everything that happened during those months.

I've been writing shorter chapters, let me know if you prefer shorter or longer chapters I'm curious!

Comment and vote!