011

"51 Oak Ave," Adara's voice cracks a little. I know she's been panicking about Seb since that call but I need her to keep it together. Who am I kidding?

I debate telling Armando but my gut tells me not to. I push my foot on the gas of the car I borrowed from Armando. "How come we didn't receive this address from the files we got from Armani's files?"

Adara clears her throat on the other end, "He most likely listed it as an alias name." I rolled my eyes to stop the liquid I was desperately holding back from falling.

As I look ahead of me I realize that I'm not in the city anymore. The houses here are broken down, wet gravel sounds beneath the freshly washed car and dark vines run across the leaning fences and porches. It's as if the area surrounding is abandoned. "Adara, are you sure this is right?"

I feel a deep pit in my stomach but brush it aside, "Positive, the call led to that address." I slow down, stopping the car at the end of the road.

I open the compartment grabbing the two pistols that lay untouched. I lift both of the somewhat heavy objects. I release the magazines and both are loaded. I turn the safety off of one and hold it, turning the safety on for the other and placing it in my garter.

"I'm getting ready to head in, Adara." I sigh trying to push the emotions back. "Please, be safe Dahlia. I can't lose you both." Her voice was sad but she tried to mask it. "I'll call you when me and Sebastian are out of there." I try reassuring her with my words but I don't know if I'd even believe them myself.

Clicking the red button on the screen I slowly open the car door smoothing the leather jacket that I wore out. The sound of buzzing catches my ears and I look over the ragged fence to see the figure on the floor. Its body seems to have been skinned and flies buzz over it feeding on its dry reeking red nectar.

I walk down the bumpy road, my heel digging into the gravel mixed with what seems to be mud. The stench of everything around me makes my skin feel unclean. I never understood how some smells wouldn't make me disgusted but more upset.

Once I walk up to the house the silence is the first thing I realize. No guards? However the steps seem polished unlike the crooked and dented steps outside of the neighboring houses.

I walk up the porch flipping my wavy hair over my shoulder. Without knocking I invite myself in. I keep my guard up. Something is not right.

I look to my right seeing the open layout of the living room and the islands transitioning to the kitchen. It was spotless unlike the rough exterior. The smell of bleach fills my nostrils and the smell makes me feel nauseous.

Walking over to the stairs my eyes travel to the darkness that covers the basement. My feet lead me slowly through before I can assess the situation.

I hold my breath when I reach the bottom, flat concrete wall smack in front of me. You've gotta be kidding me.

I squint looking for any way in and I see a small entryway. I briskly walk over to it looking over my shoulder, my finger laying on the trigger.

I look down the long walkway and hold my breath walking through it. My legs stop and the father ahead I look I realize that this path seems never ending. My phone buzzes in my phone pocket.

Unlocking it I see messages flooding from Armando and a missed call. Shit.

A: Hey Aerylin said you went out?

A: Where are you? Why was the tracker from the car cut out?

He had a damn tracker on it? I mean, it was his car.

A: Dahlia where the hell are you???

A: ???

A: Aerylin is getting worried she said you'd told her you'd be back and you didn't come back.

So he's only asking because Aerylin is worried?

A: Please, just send your location and I'll come to get you, Dahlia.

A: We can handle whatever it is.

I scoff putting the phone back into my pocket. I can't trust him with Sebastian's life.

When I stop walking I notice something dripping. The sound of water droplets catches my attention. The call, Sebastian.

I walk closer to the sound and let my hope lead me. I reach a room, the stench of blood comes from it and I hear a groan.

"Seb!" I call out my heels clacking against the ground as I run into the room. When I step in the room the darkness doesn't allow me to see where he's at and the crack of light shining from the hole in the ceiling doesn't do much good. "Seb?" my voice is a mere whisper.

"He's not here, sweetheart." My hand instantly pulls on the trigger towards the deep voice but before the bullet could reach the person a click from some device is all I hear and I'm trapped in the darkness the bullet barely pierces through the hard wall.

My breath hitches. I run to the door and when I go to reach for a knob, the realization hits me. There is no knob.

I hear a hissing sound come from inside the room and a sharp air clouds my already poor vision and burns my nose. I bang on the door but it does nothing but amuse the man on the other end. "Don't fight it." He says.

I coughed as I didn't have time to inhale before holding my breath. Fuck. My hand pats along my pocket, I grab the cellular device, my fingers aggressively tapping on the screen for Armando's number.

As the air fights my lungs, I start hyperventilating and try covering my nose but that won't stop the gas from seeping through. Wet coughs leave me the more the chemicals burn through my brain.

My eyes start to burn from the toxins. I fight my eyes trying to keep them open. My breaths no longer kept up with me as my hand released the glowing object I no longer had the strength to grip.

And that was it, my body came crashing with the hard floor beneath me, limp.

Fuck.

A/N:

She's backkkk! I hope this chapter took you through a rollercoaster...

I lowkey scared myself writing this. I hate describing certain scenery and the way I imagined this- oh my.

Well I'm already working on the next chapter. Be ready for ANYTHING.

Tips? Commentary? You know the drill comment here!

WC: 1017 or more idk