24 | irl

CALIFORNIA
*:・゚✧*

    LINDSEY HAS NO idea what the hell she's so nervous for. Okay, well—she does, but she refuses to admit to herself. Admitting it will make everything happening too real. Or rather, everything that hasn't been happening could become a possibility. Which scares the fuck out of her, but you know, whatever.

Zero barking breaks the girl from her racing thoughts. The beagle approaches the front door apprehensively, nose stuck in the air like she's trying to sniff the people gathering on the other side.

"Kitchen," Lauren orders, prodding her leg with the toe of her shoe.

Zero reluctantly backs away but does not fully retreat to the kitchen like ordered, instead lingering at the bottom of the stairs.

"Lauren!" Karl squeals the moment the door is wide enough for him to launch himself through the gap. Lauren releases an 'oof' as she stumbles backwards at Karl's force rocketing into her body.

Zero doesn't like this, assuming by her hackles raising. She growls but stays rooted to her spot, waiting for a command to defend or a scream.

Nothing comes but Karl frowning. He unlocks his arms from around Lauren's shoulders, stepping back from her.

"Sorry, she's a little defensive," Lauren apologizes.

Karl waves her off. "Don't worry about it, I did kind of tackle you."

Lindsey's shoes squeak on the floor, alerting the two of her presence. "Where's Tina?" she questions, flicking hair over her shoulder when it falls in her face.

Karl's eyes light up more, if at all possible, upon seeing her. "Lindsey!" he cheers, allowing a wide grin to overtake his face. He makes no moves to hug her, which surprises her.

"Hi Karl."

He giggles and brushes a sleeve covered hand over his hair, pushing it from his eyes. The smile remains stretched across his face and seems to widen when Lana appears at the bottom of the stairs.

"Lana!"

His never-ending enthusiasm eases Lindsey's nerves a bit. She steps aside so Karl can trap Lana in a hug as well. Upon hearing Tina's voice from the driveway, Lindsey steps up to the doorway as Karl and her sisters busy themselves in the living room.

It takes her four seconds to decide Foolish is even more attractive in person. Not that he isn't attractive on camera, but holy wow.

He's still exiting the car, laughing as Quackity swats at him with a beanie. A different Adidas beanie is secured over Quackity's hair. Some type of hat is always on his being according to every streamer Lindsey's befriended in the past few months.

"Lynds!" Tina calls.

Lindsey's gaze moves from Foolish to Tina, missing the way the boy's head snaps over at the sound of her name.

Tina gazes at her with bright eyes. Her arms sneak beneath Lindsey's arms and her fingertips begin to dance along her shoulder blades in excitement.

"I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too," Lindsey replies with less enthusiasm but full sincerity.

They separate after a moment and Tina heads inside to greet the twins, leaving Lindsey to welcome the two boys now trekking up the driveway. Foolish feels like he's just ran a marathon despite walking only fifteen feet.

Lindsey Rae Vozza is standing in front of him. Three more feet and he could reach out, press the tip of his index finger to her freckled face. She's real.

"You're shorter than I thought," the brunette teases, a playful grin pulling at her lips.

Foolish really hates the way he knows she's wearing lipstick: the color is darker than her natural lip tint. Why do you know that? Why do you know that?

"Oookay," he answers, lowering his tone. "That was just unnecessary."

Lindsey's smile widens and she laughs, opening the door a bit more to let the pair step inside.

A/N:
sorry for such a short one but they met!!!