40 | irl

tw/cw: lindsey childhood background!! finally find
out what happened with ace 😗, mentions of the following: CPS, conversion therapy, brief explanation of death, harassment, suicide!!! pls tell me if i missed anything

OHIO
*:・゚✧*

    THE WHOLE PLAN has gone, well, not as planned. Firstly, Lindsey's flight landed an hour later than planned because of an undisclosed delay.

Then at lunch, the girls' server 'accidentally' dropped a salad on Lindsey's lap, conveniently five minutes after his request for her number had been rejected. Hating the way her sweatpants immediately soaked up the ranch dressing, the brunette was forced to rummage through her suitcase for a spare pair of bottoms.

Following that incident, Lindsey found herself hiding in Em's car once the trio arrived at the Brown household. Foolish had been outside when Ems pulled into the driveway, causing Lindsey to duck and hide in the backseat while he spoke to their Mom (who was working on something in the garage).

Moo and Emily slid out of the car, for it would've been too suspicious if they lingered. Moo didn't want to risk her brother coming over to investigate.

During a point in those agonizingly slow three minutes, Lindsey debated clambering out of the car, but that wasn't how she wanted to surprise Foolish. So, she stayed a hidden in Em's car while said girl gave her live updates on Moo and Mama Foosh struggling to find ribbon via text.

Oh yes. The ribbon. That was issue number four—and hopefully the last.

Moo conjured up this master plan to pretend Lindsey was a package. Wrapping her obviously wasn't an option, and they didn't have a box big enough for Lindsey to crouch in, so Moo decided on ribbon.

Tie a string of ribbon around Lindsey's waist, request for Noah to come get the 'package' as it was too heavy for any of the girls, and "BOOM! Surprise him with Lindsey!" (Em had rolled her eyes because personally, she thought "the idea is dumb and we can definitely come up with a better one!" Clearly the girls never got that far.)

The plan itself was simple enough but Moo hadn't accounted for not being able to find ribbon. Eventually she stumbled out from the garage door after ten minutes—of which Lindsey spent on the phone with Lana—fumbling with a thin piece of vivid red ribbon.

Since the fabric was so thin, Lindsey opted for tying it around her neck instead, any dirty-minded idea about the raunchy implications slipping her mind as anxiety caught up to her racing thoughts.

The anticipated (Dreaded? Her stomach is in so many knots she genuinely can't decipher between the two) has finally arrived.

Lindsey watches over Moo's shoulder as she texts her brother can you get this package from out front pls.

His response takes four minutes that the girls waste introducing Lindsey to the dogs (who she adores) but it's a simple "no."

Moo rolls her eyes, murmuring something about how she'll drag him out here if she has to though she types something drastically different.

Lindsey follows Em to the front door, nervously rapping her fingertips on her bare thighs. "Hey, it'll be fine. I promise he'll be so excited," Em whispers, offering Lindsey a gentle smile.

The brunette nods stiffly, barely managing to smile back. She hears heavy footsteps from inside followed by Moo squealing "NOAH!" in distress. He didn't shove his youngest sister for disrupting his stream. Not at all. No way he'd do that.