51 | irl

tw/cw: harassment, men being gross at bars, angry foolish, angry lindsey, derealization, let me know if i missed smth 🫡

CALIFORNIA
*:・゚✧*

    "HEY PRETTY GIRL."

Lindsey's lips curl up into disgust, glancing at the owner of the voice from the corner of her eyes. She quickly scans up and down over his figure, one to confirm it's him (judging by his smile it is), and another to size him up. She rolls her eyes and turns her attention back to Tina.

"Hey. I'm talking to you."

"The only man allowed to call me pretty girl is my boyfriend," she replies, keeping her stare locked onto her best friend. Tina watches her with fearful eyes. Starting a bar fight with a random man wouldn't be something Lindsey's opposed to doing.

The man exaggerates jerking his head around. "Well I don't see one around here," he comments, voice sultry.

Lindsey represses the urge to gag. "By that logic, if I can't see your dick then surely you don't have one?"

"You better watch your mouth sweetheart."

She graces him with her piercing gaze. "Gonna show me I'm just a weak little girl if I don't?"

What little color the man has drains from his complexion.

Lindsey had clocked him earlier, before the bar got busy. She hated his vibes even from across the room; hated him more upon hearing his voice.

He had been standing at the counter speaking to a largely built bartender with tattoos scrawling across every inch of exposed skin. (Lana started a conversation with the bartender less than ten minutes later, to everyone's surprise. She's no introvert, but she's never been known to hit on someone first.)

Once Lana left in a whirlwind of curled hair and a laugh that had the bartender's cheeks turning red, the man had said, "A little weird don't you think? How she can just flirt her way to a free drink and she chooses a girly one? So typical of a weak little girl."

That promptly resulted in the bartender refusing to service him for disrespecting his regulars. Lana is most certainly not a regular but after overhearing their conversation she just might be.

Foolish appears from around the bushes that act as a partial screen from the inside to the patio. He walks right past the man, as if he's not even there, and sets down four shots. "Hey, they didn't have any more of those mango shot things but—but Karl did give me a strawberry—strawberry something. I don't know what the fuck it is."

"Where is he?"

"He'll be back in a sec. He wants us to take it with him. Also I stole his strawberry, here," he offers, pulling the chair out beside Lindsey, dropping into it, and offering her the small fruit in his hand in one fluid motion.

Lindsey bites it right out of his hand, purposely nipping at his fingertips. His eyes darken and a quiet, "Oh," leaves parted lips, wet and pink from constantly sliding his tongue over them.

"And so the boyfriend does exist."

Foolish blinks slowly, brain scrambling to pinpoint the voice. He fails, eyebrows creasing as he now stares at his girlfriend in confusion.

She rolls her eyes, meaning "I don't know. Don't talk to him."

He angles himself towards her, knees bumping into her left leg. With his right arm curling around the back of her chair, Foolish leans closer, aiming for a kiss, but instead finds his left hand falling into the space between her thighs. Is he a threat?