Medicinal Headphones

It had officially turned into evening and the pizza was long gone, the trio of Goetia kids found themselves in Prince Stolas's living room, flicking through Voxflix shows and movies. Nothing seemed worth their time, however, everything sounded the same boring and had the same actor in every film, Demmy was now happy his father never got him a Voxflix account.

Rupture sighed as he kept scrolling down the seemingly endless list of kids' films and teenager drama movies. "How is there nothing good on?" He groaned and shut off the screen and tossed the remote to the other sofa, "Is there anything else we can do while we wait for my dad?"

"I'm afraid you wouldn't be waiting much longer," Stolas said, beside him, Seir had his arm wrapped over Stolas's shoulders. "I just finished patching up his chest, your father left quite a nasty mark on Seir's chest, Demaryous."

Octavia and Rupture hopped up to check on their parents while Demmy stayed sitting where he was and playing with his fingers, "Sir Stolas? What happened in there?" He managed to ask, after the words left his mouth, Demmy wasn't so sure if he wanted to know anymore.

"Yeah, why did Astaroth do beserk?" Octavia said, helping her dad bring Seir to the couch to rest on.

Stolas and his daughter sat Seir down on the sofa, he was still wincing at moving around, but at least he was with Rupture. Stolas looked at the kids and sighed, "I wish I could say, but if I'm being honest, it's not all clear to me either. All I could tell what happened is that Astaroth's sister told him something and he flew into a rage..."

"Mum told him something?" Octavia rolled her eyes, "I bet it was nothing good."

"As do I," Stolas sat neatly beside his child and Demmy, "But, at least we're all here and safe from him for a while, at least until my father finishes talking to him."

"How long will that take? When can I go home?" Demmy asked, he was getting the feeling he'd never go home while his father was away. While he didn't exactly like his dad, Demmy still wanted him to be around or to at least let him know where Astaroth was.

"That I cannot say either," Stolas sighed, "It would be safer for you to stay with either me or Seir for the time being. Your father isn't in the clearest of minds and could potentially hurt you, and as a future duke, that's something Piamon doesn't want to risk. I'm sorry."

Demmy felt his feather prickle on his neck and his mouth felt dry all of a sudden. This didn't feel right at all, this wasn't how this meeting was supposed to go today. The little peacock pushed the lump in his throat back down, "Th-that's ok, sir," Demmy coughed and looked around, "Will I be able to bring my butler with me? He's my friend and I don't want him to worry about me."

"What's his name and what does he look like? I can have my imps find him and bring him over." Stolas said, he clapped and the same imp who opened the door came running into the room with a notepad and pencil.

"He has two curved horns that curve the same way and look kinda square, he has white markings on his face that look like scars, short white hair, and his bangs look like they were dipped into black paint, he has glasses and oh! He has a snaggle tooth on his left, his name is Cackle." Demmy explained, and the little imp wrote down what the peacock told him.

"I'll send for him, Pringles, tell Cackle he and Demaryous will be staying somewhere else and that he should pack what he needs," Stolas said, the imp scribbled the prince's words down, nodded, and hurried out of the mansion to look for Cackle. "He'll be back with your friend soon enough."

"You'll be fine, this can't take too long to solve," Octavia reassured Demmy, she must've seen how down he was about all this, "If you wanna stay here, you can bunk with me or in the guest room."