Looking Back... (Sub-chapter 3)

"You understand where we are going, yes?" Andrealphus asked, preening his feathers in their families car. He looked over the shaking boy farther down the seat and glanced at his eyes towards his sister.

"Yes, brother. I know where we're going, but one has to ask why." Stella sighed, her grip on the flea-dog was so strong that it didn't take long for it to explode into a cloud of blood. " Why didn't they do that for you when we were dragged to that other kids house?"

"His name was Stolas, Stella, you of all people should know that since he's your husband." Andrealphus sighed and check his nails. "And we're being dragged here since father wants us to meet his future wife. He and mother say their going to be signing Astaroth up for Duke training with our uncle."

Stella rolled her eyes, "I don't see why you weren't chosen for that roll. You're the eldest, you should be doing that job." She dropped the body of her now dead pet, board of the blood getting on the seat in front of her. She kicked it away to avoid it getting onto her all white dress.

"None of my business or concern." Andrealphus flicked his hand, trying to get dust off of his gloves. He grabbed Stella's shoulder and pulled her closer, "What is my business is that this goes well for him, just as it should be yours."

"But...he hasn't even been part of our family for that long." Stella gave their adopted sibling down the seat, he looked like he was about to pass out. "Why should we even care about him?"

Andrealphus knocked on her head like a door, "He's going to be a duke, does that mean nothing to you? With you marrying a prince and him a duchess, you two are going to have some power behind you. Don't you think its a good idea to have someone to fall back on if something...happens to Stolas?" He watched her face change as he thought about it. "Didn't you tell me something about that... other kid in Piamon's castle last week? What was his name? Seere?"

Her face flushed pink, "Quiet!" She thrust her fist into Andrealphus's stomach, making him loose the air in his lungs. "I only said he'd be better to marry since he was Piamon's favorite!" Stella hurried to look down the seat, telling Astaroth that as if they were talking out loud this whole time.

Their new brother, thought older than the two of them, still seemed to jump at the sound of Stella talking to him. His tail feathers spiked up, turning to blades as he tried to scurry away from the defensive glare of his new sister.

"Why did mother and father choose him? He's a loser." She huffed and pressed her back to her car chair. Stella looked to Andrealphus, who was still breathless. "Suck it up, it wasn't that bad." She grinned, knowing it was that bad.

Andrealphus sighed heavily again and pulled Stella closer to him as he whispered, "Mother and father knew his parents before they both died. Taking him in was the only thing they could do to honor them." He mumbled, "His parents were both high-powered staffs in Kind Piamon's court. Calling their child our brother is supposed to be an honor."

The two siblings looked over to Astaroth, whow as practically shaking his pin-fearthers out. He looks unwell and sickly, it baffled Stella to hear that this whelp was the son of two members of King Piamon's coart.

The car pulled into the gateway of a very fancy and expensive-looking mansion, complete with flowers and birds of all sorts over the property. The ride they took was long, a bit too long. They drove from their home to this estate which was practically in the wilds of Hell but belonged to one of the richest Goetia Piamon had to offer as family-in-law for their new boy. This was the estate of Akira and Kenzo, two Goetias whose families stayed loyal to Piamon since the Great King was little if that time ever existed.

"Who was Astaroth going to meet?" Stella said, looking at her brother after looking out the window.

"He's meeting Mia, you know, the kid that you tore a good chuck of feathers off of in second grade? Her." Andrealphus said, he fixed the collar of his shirt and brushed his pants off. He leaned over and did the same for Astaroth, despite all the twitching he did.