The Dye, For You

When Violet finally arrived home, still earlier than originally thought, her hands were just a bit too overwhelmed with bags to unlock the front door. She moved awkwardly to kick gently at the door, hoping Jack would be near enough to hear it.

"Hey... oh shit." He chuckled as he opened the door and stepped aside to help her with the several bags. "Thought you'd be out with your friends a while longer."

"Meh, I have more fun with you anyway." She beamed at him before setting the bags down on the counter before pulling out a few new bottles of bleach, toner and some dyes she couldn't decide on.

"I doubt that." He chuckled awkwardly as he inspected the various bottles. "What's all this? Sick of the pink?"

"Never sick of pink," she laughed. "But definitely need a change. Couldn't decide which color, so I figured you should pick."

"Hmmm..." he lined up a few of the choices on the counter and deliberated, "... purple could be cool." He chuckled again. "I'm jealous, I haven't dyed my hair in so long..."

"Why do you think I got so much?"

"Wh- why? Planning on fucking up my curls while I'm asleep?" He jeered back with a playful smirk and raised brow.

"I wouldn't dare destroy such art." She simpered sweetly as she reached up to twirl one of his said curls. "But I thought if you wanna put some fun colors in there, we could make a party of it."

"Hmm... that sounds fun." He looked over the colors before smirking at her again. "You pick... since I picked yours." She smiled again and looked at the options.

"Mmm, blue." Like the ocean she loved so much. "It'll brighten up your eyes."

"Deal." He watched her hand twirl his curl until he caught a bit of color peeking out from the collar of her blouse. "What's this?" He pulled it gently to expose it more. "Are you okay?" His brows furrowed at the familiar dark brownish-burgundy color in the fabric, brushing her hair aside and inspecting her shoulder and neck.

"Oh..." She peered down at the bit of mess she'd missed. "Some bitch couldn't handle her alcohol and got everything everywhere." She rubbed at the substance, grateful for the black blouse hiding the majority of the stains.

"Oh shit... you're okay though?" He chuckled as visuals of her getting in a bar fight flashed through his head.

"Peachy keen James Dean." She spouted with a smile, still running on that adrenaline high. "I'm gonna get changed though."

"Hmm, okay." He laughed again. "Never pictured you in a bar fight..." He mumbled to himself as he went back to looking at the hair dyes.

"Yeah..." Violet snickered to herself as she entered her room to change into an old tee she didn't mind getting bleach all over. "Wasn't exactly in the bar." She carefully deposited all her clothes and made a mental note to put lemon juice in with this load of laundry. "Put some music on!" She called out as she shimmied into some leggings. "I got tequila too, do you want a drink?" She brought a few hair ties as she walked into the bathroom to begin parting her hair.

"Yeah I'll make em and bring you one. What music do you want?" He called out from the living room as he scrolled through the apps on the TV.

"Something hype!" She exclaimed as she began setting everything up in the bathroom. She mixed a bit of bleach with the toner to pull some of the copper tones out of the pink, and started up another bowl to lighten up her roots, with enough for Jack to use however he preferred.

"Gotcha." He put on BONES and got started mixing up two palomas for them in tumblers before joining her in the bathroom. He set hers down in front of her and sat on the counter, watching her mix up the bleach.