The Do-Over

The next morning had Violet in Zoom meetings to make up for the previous day, but she finished up just after noon, figuring that she had a bunch of posts queued up to be shared throughout the week, and had finished up a couple other projects early last week before her trip. Jack tried to keep himself busy by editing a few songs and videos from another room, but was relieved when she finally finished up.

"Hopefully this gets easier once we get used to it..." He chuckled, shutting his laptop and pulling her closer.

"I'm not usually this backed up with meetings," she told him with a grin as she leaned on him. "It's usually just quiet projects and trivial emails. Odds are, next week I'll be bothering you for attention." Just like the cats were now at their feet.

"I mean, lately it has been... but I think things will calm down for both of us now." He couldn't stop the stupid grin from curling onto his lips. "What's the plan now?"

"Well, seeing as how I didn't see much of this place yesterday-," she still couldn't believe she'd slept that long. "Wanna go exploring?"

"Yeah, I wandered around a bit- there's a few things I think you'd like." She didn't miss the small smirk on his face. "The pool looked nice too."

"Hmm, you look like you have something planned..." She quirked a brow suspiciously, but couldn't help the smile that grew at his never ending surprises. "So lemme get my swimsuit on."

"Guess you'll have to wait and see..." He chuckled softly.

"Guess we will." She gave him a smooch and a wink before heading into the bedroom to check her suitcase for the tangle of swimsuits she'd bought and thrown in for her last trip, now grateful for her indecisiveness prompting her to buy a few pieces to mix and match. When she came back out in a coverup, Jack had already changed into black trunks and a baggy white tee-shirt. His back was to her as he mixed up a few different flavored Lynchberg lemonades, pouring them into a few water bottles for them. "Ooo, smart." She pressed a kiss to his shoulder as she slipped on her sandals and searched through her purse for a hair tie to throw her purple curls up. "Did you wanna grab food while we're out there?"

"Yeah it looked like some of the restaurants here offer poolside orders..." He mumbled, still so unaccustomed to the new easy and open affection as his face flushed.

"Oh that's dangerous," she chuckled. "About as dangerous as those drinks." She nodded with a teasing grin toward the amount of alcohol he'd mixed in.

"Shouldn't you be used to that by now?" He smirked and cocked his head teasingly, taking a swig of one of the bottles as he packed the rest into a bag.

"It usually depends on how much I've been working out..." She smirked as she slipped the key cards into her pocket.

"I mean, they've got a nice gym here too... I'm sure with those marks on you and a swimsuit- it would be quite the show-" He joked suggestively.

"I dunno, leg day two days in a row...?" She tutted. "And I already gave you a few shows."

"Guess I'm greedy..." He laughed as he gathered their things and walked down to the pool with her, trying to keep his eyes from being too gluttonous.

Despite it being the middle of spring break season, their section in the resort was fairly quiet. The only people at the ornate pool was a trio on the opposite side where Jack and Violet walked in and set up their space and perused the menus on their phones after scanning the QR code on the lounge chairs. After ordering, Violet pulled a bottle of sunscreen to start applying to her arms and legs before handing the bottle to Jack.