Prolouge

Y/n P.O.V

Late at night, I lay in my room scrolling on my phone while the aggressive rain pelts at my window, the storm hasn't stopped in a while I doubt it will soon.

Around now at 11:00 Pm you would think an average person would go to sleep, but not me I live for this kind of night this weather is perfect at night. At least that is what I would say until a burst of lightning came around and scared me half to death, the noise made me drop my phone on my face.

Y/n: "Fuck"

I yelp out in pain then close my mouth listening to if I had woken up my roommate, a few seconds go by and all I still hear is the pelting of the rain. I check my forehead and feel the warmth and liquid of blood coming out of a small cut.

Y/n: "Just great now I have to get out of bed"

As I move my covers off of me I get up and move towards my room door. I open the door slowly careful not to make noise. If my roommate were to wake up he would surely laugh at me for dropping my phone on my face.

I make my way to the bathroom and turn on the light and open up the medicine cabinet, grabbing a bandaid on my cut. I turn off the light and make my way to my room again then a loud noise came from outside almost like an eruption of some sort.

Y/n: "What could have caused that noise at this hour!?"

Deciding to investigate I grab my raincoat and my umbrella and decide to head outside. The noise must not have been too far away just a few blocks down from my home near the base of the Mountain.

Walking down the street gave me only feelings of going back to bed and ignoring what had made that noise however for some reason something had compelled me to come all the way out here. Passing by the mountain park sign I knew that what had made that noise was somewhere nearby

Y/n: "Mt. Ebbot it's somewhere nearby it has to be."

I then get a strange feeling that I shouldn't be here.

Y/n: "Stupid fairytales, you don't scare me mountain." I mutter under my breath my curiosity driving me forward. At this point, the rain had grown harder with each passing moment it got colder and colder. Soon enough I had come to the center of where I had heard that noise. A small crater with a black sleek egg lay with rubble surrounding it, almost as if it came out of the earth.

Y/n: "The hell is this?"

I kneeled down and examined the egg touching it and put my umbrella next to me, it was smooth yet had scratches from its eruption. Then it opened revealing an inky darkness within. My curiosity drove me forward as I reached out to it, bad idea I know but I'm known for this stuff. Then as fast as the lightning of tonight some sharp tentacle stabbed me in the arm injecting me with something.

*You got the voidheart
[If you get the reference I love you]

Y/n: "Oww the hell was that thing!? I can't be catching something!"

I blinked and as soon as it had stabbed me it was gone leaving only the crater behind. I examine my injury the stab left only a black dot, as well as a small trickle of blood down my wrist. My nausa grows with every passing second in this cold rain and I now and decided to head back. Wiping my arm onto my chest I get rid of the blood and get back up while grabbing my umbrella as I started walking back home. Then the winds picked up and my umbrella flew off as I had opened it.

Y/n: "Dammit that umbrella was seven dollars! Dave is going to make fun of me..."

I huffed angrily and made my slow walk back home. As I got to my door the rain settled down. I walked to my room and took off my coat and let it lie on my hook on the wall. I cover myself in the warmness of my blankets and drift off.

==================================

Hope you guys enjoyed the prologue to this reboot I put some thought into this one and decided to take things slowly with describing things, hope you guys are ready for what I have planned out.

Editing Finished: 5/5/24

Cya ;)