Chapter 17 Dinner With Monsters

Y/n P.O.V.

As I walk into the dining room I couldn't help but feel nervous. I have been around monsters before, hell my friend's mom was a monster but meeting different monsters was somewhat anxious.

Y/n (Thoughts): "You're fine Y/n they're friends of Frisk and Chara, they'll be nice to you."

As I walk into the dining room it had been brightened up since the few hours I was gone. The chandelier that was unlight now had candles burning brightly. The table had been set with plates and food. And the plates shined with a reflective glow from the candles. I was so amazed by the scenery I almost forgot I was meeting new people in the living room and hadn't even noticed that Frisk had walked up to me.

Frisk: "Hey wake up the guests are expecting you."

Y/n: "Oh yeah sorry the Dining Room just looks amazing."

Frisk: "The things you could do with magic are unlimited now hurry up."

Frisk had pulled me by the sleeve and was practically dragging me to the living room.

Y/n: "Hold on wait I hadn't fully mentally prepared myself yet!"

However, I was pulled into the living room where there were four new monsters I hadn't met before. There was already sans whom I know and right next to him was a tall skeleton which made sense considering sans is a skeleton, he was wearing some kind of armor that I didn't recognize.

On the couch, there was a fish lady with her scales dark blue. She was wearing a black sweater that said "shrimp cooked rice" and had a picture of a shrimp making fried rice? And next to her was a yellow dinosaur in a polka-dot dress.

Frisk: "Hey guys I wanted to introduce you to someone, he helped me out with a situation at school and I've known him for a while and I hope you guys can get along with him."

sans: "hey kid you already know me"

Tall Skeleton: "BUT I DON'T!"

Then the tall skeleton runs over right in front of you.

PAPYRUS: "HELLO THERE HUMAN, I AM THE GREAT PAPYRUS, GRAND MEISTER OF PUZZLES, AND CAPTAIN OF THE ROYAL FLORISTS!"

Y/n: "Hello Papyrus, I'm Y/n I hope we can do puzzles later."

I didn't know what else to conversate about but that was everything that was needed to get on Papyrus's good side.

PAPYRUS: "SEE SANS THE Y/N HUMAN LIKES PUZZLES, I KNEW IT!"

Then the fish lady had walked on over and towered over me.

Fish Lady: "You helped Frisk kick some loser's ass."

Y/n: "Yes."

I was on edge knowing that at any moment I could be destroyed just by her murderous stare.

Undyne: "BADASS! The names Undyne, former captain of the royal guard."

Y/n: "I'm Y/n and please don't kill me."

Undyne: "Oh don't worry I can't kill you I'm on the police force, but I'll get you damn close to death"

Y/n: "The what?"

Undyne: "Nothing, hey wheres Toriel I'm going to ask her what she made for dinner I haven't eaten all day."

Undyne walks off to find Frisk and asks more about dinner I presumed. After a moment of internal terror, the dinosaur walked over to me.

Alphys: "D-Don't worry about h-her she always says those things to new people, and I'm Alphys by the w-way."

Y/n: "Thanks for reassuring me, nice to meet you Alphys."